iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig in the Poke.....AGAIN

Started by Magicman, October 10, 2015, 11:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

I think he likes you and appreciates the good neighbor he has  ;).  One of my recurring nightmares is that dad gets back into raising hogs, no joke.

samandothers

Quote from: beenthere on October 13, 2015, 10:07:06 PM
A good side dish to your chicken crispins.  Maybe piggy chitlins...  ;D

crick warshed or stump wuuped!?!

WDH

Sandhills, I am with you, brother.  We raised hogs when I was growing up.  Looking back, we raised hogs poorly.  Very inefficient and very labor intensive.  Nightmare stuff for sure.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: sandhills on October 14, 2015, 11:16:34 AMOne of my recurring nightmares
I am having reoccurring thoughts.

Of a meal that got away.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Good for you getting that video.  That is the exact grunting noise that "my" pig was making.  

This is actually surprising/alarming because all of these years I have assumed that the Pig Roast pig came from the meat market.  Looks like you are expecting a smaller crowd this year.  :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

The pig for the roast, all but two years, have been 4h fair pigs. :)

Old Greenhorn

So how does this one taste? ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

jimparamedic

Magicman I've seen a lot of people on here have saw dogs you could have a saw hog. Jokes aside pigs eat snakes so they are good for more then just Bacon. Of coarse Bacon still tops the list.      

Jeff

A young couple came climbing the hill across the road from my place yesterday afternoon, asking if I saw a pig. They live right at the bottom of the hill. I told them yes, but he had left, going back over the hill towards home  He took off when he saw me get the dog leash. That pig knew what the dog leash was. The owner said, yup, he does not like a leash! :D

Thank You Sponsors!