iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Source for seals for DHT hydro cylinder

Started by Weesa20, January 26, 2018, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weesa20

Wondering if anyone has an online source for replacement seals for hydro cylinder on DHT splitter? I thought DHT was sending replacement parts but they withdrew their customer support, so I'm looking to get them quick/overnighted b/c I have already been down for 10 days...

Thanks

Weesa

Al_Smith

You might Google surplus center hydraulics .A lot of folks use them including myself .It would help if you had the cylinder brand name and size for reference .
Some cylinders can be rebuilt,some used on splitters are welded cylinders which would be cheaper to just replace .

cbailey1956

If you can disassemble and measure the seal or the slot it goes in you can order a replacement seal from Hercules / Bulldog. Plus other companies on line.  I seem to get old and unsupported hydraulics equipment to work on and kits are unavailable and often incorrect if received.  Some cylinders are much easier than others to rebuild.  I have gone to hydraulic rebuild shops and some carry individual seals that will work if you can take in your old parts to show them.  Good Luck.   Could always browse SURPLUS center to see what they have although shipping gets to be high.
Craig

hedgerow

That splitter can't be that old. I would really look over the barrel and rod to make sure something is damaged. I would install a pressure gauge to make sure your relief valve is working correctly. Around here I  have a hyd repair center 20 miles away and they are a great source to get seals from and sometimes have a heavy duty replacement and they hold me up on the price. Trying to order on line can be a problem if you don't have the exact numbers on the cylinder and most of the time we don't.

Weesa20

Thanks guys. I'll probably just it to the hydro shop and let them mess with it.

Thank You Sponsors!