Sponsors:

Meet the girls

Started by Tam-i-am, November 03, 2014, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I thought we needed a new thread where Alissa can intro the girls one by one and tell you a little about each of them.

I have met almost all the girls and can say they all are fun to hang around with.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Alissa

Thanks, Tammy!
I will start adding photos and introducing the ladies asap. I have a really great group! Super hard workers and fun!!
The ladies are from all over North America. We have 3 from Maine, 3 from NY, 1 from CT, 3 from Washington, 1 from Montana and 1 from Alberta, Canada.

Alissa

The first lady I want to introduce to you is Laurette. Many of you that attended the Pig Roast already met her.

Laurette lives in Maine and has been competing professionally in timber sports for over 10 years. She joined the Axe Women last year and began traveling with us. She's an all around excellent competitor, and past champion in axe throwing and fire building.

fishpharmer

Hi Laurette, welcome to FF 8)

What is the axe your holding used for? Throwing or some other competition?  May be obvious to some but I just don't know.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

Hi Alissa, and Laurette, and welcome to the forum.  fish already asked one of the questions I had (about the axe), I'm from the middle of the country where farming and livestock is pretty much prevalent, some but not a lot of logging and forestry where I'm at.  My other question was do you compete regularly, say on a circuit, as they do in rodeos around here?  Thanks and once again welcome.

Alissa

The axe that Laurette is holding is a competition chopping axe.

And, yes, we all compete throughout North America.(And some of my girls have traveled to Australia, New Zealand and Germany to compete!) Just about every weekend from spring to fall you can find a competition somewhere. The biggest ones in the US are in Hayward Wisconsin, Webster Springs West Virginia and Boonville New York.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Alissa

Introducing Jenny!

Jenny lives in CT and got her start into timber sports while in college. She was on the UCONN Woodsmen team. She's what we call an iron Jill. That means she chops, saws, axe throws and log rolls! She is ranked very high in the standing block chop, one of her best events.

gimpy

Would love to see videos of the competitions. Pretty ladies throwing axes sounds great.   :)
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

trapper

Seeing them in person is even better.  My wife wants to go see them again when they are in wi. next year.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum ladies. Sure hope I get to see the show someday.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Alissa

Introducing Tracie!
Tracie lives in upstate New York. She started competing in timber sports while in college. This is her third year working and traveling with the AxeWomen.
Last year she was selected for the USA Women's Team and got to travel to Australia to chop and saw!!
She is easily among the top 5 women in the US in our sport!

Tam-i-am

I found this on someone's Facebook page.  They did a great job talking about the girls and you get to meet two new girls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877445/The-rise-LUMBERJILLS-Female-team-takes-world-competitive-wood-chopping-storm.html
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Thank You Sponsors!