iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An awesome "off grid" Video

Started by Jeff, January 18, 2022, 09:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

biggkidd

I saw this a couple years ago I believe. Bunch of unique ideas incorporated. We've only been off grid since 2008 so only 14 years.  
Echo 330 T, Echo 510, Stihl Farm Boss, Dolmar 7900, Jinma 354 W/ FEL, & TPH Backhoe, 1969 M35A2,  1970 Cat D4
Building a Band Mill  :)

VB-Milling

Paraphrasing, but in the first couple of minutes he basically says limitations inspire creativity.  An excellent approach.  Thanks for sharing Jeff.
HM126

newoodguy78

You can tell that guy has a zest for life. A lot of talent went in to that place. 

Ljohnsaw

Now THAT is a life I wish I had done.  Over there, the winter is not so harsh (wet but little to no snow).   Three year old broccoli! :o I won't likely be having a garden up at my cabin with the extremely short growing season but I will be building lots of out buildings/cabins.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

samandothers

I thought it interesting his comment about logging and that humans seem to do the extremes no middle ground.  On one extreme have industry that goes too far in cutting and the conservationists go to the other extreme by trying to preserve and cut nothing.

I was surprised he had not cut some of the trees to release others.  He talked a lot about the clusters around a stump and that out of a large number around a stump if some were cut the one or two others work flourish.  

Downstream

That was a fantastic video to watch today since we are in snow storm shutdown mode.  The fairy ring trees with the original stump in the middle was incredible.  Some day I hope to see some of the original old growth redwoods.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Thank You Sponsors!