iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to restore old dairy barn and need contractor

Started by rpeavey, August 02, 2011, 01:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpeavey

Hello -

I have an old gambrel roofed dairy barn that is about 100 years old that needs some serious TLC.  The fieldstone foundation has nearly completely collapsed along with the drive up.  The barn itself is in good shape.  If at all possible I want to save it and bring it back to its former self.  The barn is located near Baldwin Wisconsin which is about 20 miles east of the MN border on interstate 94.  Does anyone know any barn contractors/masons that would be experienced in this type of work?

Thank you,
Ryan

beenthere

Welcome to the forum

Any pics you can post? (use the Java Uploader here after setting up your gallery in your profile).

Search for member Rooster and read about his work in SE WI. He likely can be a big help to your restoration.

Look forward to your project and any additional info you have for us. A good roof is most important to keeping an old barn from falling down. Foundation important as well, and they take a hit when the barn isn't full of animals to provide some heat during the winter months.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rooster

Ryan,

Have you been to the Wisconsin Barn Preservation website?

Here is a link to a pdf file that lists contractors that work in Wisconsin.

http://www.uwex.edu/lgc/barns/pdf/Contractors7-08.pdf

Let me know if you need additional help.

Nice to see that you want to "bring one back"!!

Rooster
920-728-0353
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

shelbycharger400

its going to take $ if you pay someone to do it,   

I helped a buddy, with several friends  to do a partial wall..  a 12 in thick. 12in wide poured .     probably not the right way about it... not below frost lines ect.   but he didn't have 15k to have it done right. ,    been about 8 years.. with no known problems.

Thank You Sponsors!