iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let eBay find it

Started by Jiles, April 01, 2016, 05:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiles

I need an ignition coil for a Stihl MS 201t Chainsaw and I have been searching eBay for quite some time with very little luck.
Is there a way I can get eBay to notify me when one is listed?
Satisfy needs before desires

undee70ss

What do you use to normally get on eBay? How do you want to be alerted? With a iPhone, you can have your saved searches alert you.

Magicman

I am assuming that you talked with Scott at FF Sponsor; CHAINSAWR.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ZeroJunk

There was an upgrade to those saws with a different coil and flywheel to add 4 degrees advance. I don't know how it mixes and matches, but could be if you have a 1310 coil you need to replace it with that and if it is a 1302 you need that. Should be printed on it.

Jiles

Quote from: ZeroJunk on April 01, 2016, 09:59:43 PM
There was an upgrade to those saws with a different coil and flywheel to add 4 degrees advance. I don't know how it mixes and matches, but could be if you have a 1310 coil you need to replace it with that and if it is a 1302 you need that. Should be printed on it.

Well aware of this so called  "upgrade" that should be called--Replacement for factory defective parts.

Al_Smith

It's my understanding the "improvements" have worked well on that saw. Interestingly the advancement of timing was mentioned on certain web forums long before these "improvements " came in a factory form .

Not surprising because manufactures are responsible for EPA testing where as tinkers and putsers ,shade tree mechanics as  myself and others are not .

It would not surprise me in the near future if aftermarket "improvement" kits were not available .If there's a market somebody will make it .

Al_Smith

Let me put an after thought to this .Often times if you don't know dealer prices flea bay prices as well as non licensed dealers of Stihl parts, real dealer prices are cheaper on OEM parts .
I found this out from dealing with a west coast on line company that used to be a sponsor on this very site .I no longer patronize that company .

bluthum

Yeah, there are some real operators on ebay as well as good vendors. One small engine supply advertises a $10 choke lever for $109 dollars as well as the same part for more regular price. A mistake? Been on there for too long. Also saw a carb for, I think it was a bigger husky, for over $1000 last week.  I'm usually extra vigilant when buying stuff there and prefer to buy local if possible. 

Jiles

For a good laugh, check this out--and I bet someone will buy it.

Ebay ad deleted by admin

Ozarker

On eBay, you can set up a custom search for the part, save it, and be notified whenever the part is listed.

Jiles

Quote from: Ozarker on April 02, 2016, 11:27:20 PM
On eBay, you can set up a custom search for the part, save it, and be notified whenever the part is listed.
I tried that, on a few items, and it doesn't work for me. Went back and double checked, still no notification of new items I saw afterwards.
Must be something I am doing wrong.

Al_Smith

Often times it depends on the wording of your search .For example just recently I was looking for a Tecumseh compressor by using the model number,got zero results .However with "4 ton compressor" I got half a dozen hits .

Thank You Sponsors!