iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

Started snowing here about 9 or 10 last night. 5in so far, but alot of sleet mixed keeping it down. Beautiful yesterday, I went out and got myself some Christmas presents before I put the plow on the truck. It's so nice to put a plow on in the daylight, and it's not so cold you don't mind so much if you end up having to lay on the ground, and it's not snowing or sleeting down the back of your neck
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

OntarioAl

I have 12 inches and more is coming
storm is spinning over Lake Superior and picking up more moisture
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

chevytaHOE5674

Calling for up to 16" of snow today with the possibility of "significant lake enhancement" in certain areas. Waves are rolling in off an angry lake, radio says 8-13 footers and I'd believe it.

Chuck White

I'd lot rather have some of that snow than the ¼ inch of ice they're warning us about.

No ice or snow here yet, but the rain is really coming down right now!

From what I hear, the town of Canton (15 mi away) is pretty-much iced in!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Al_Smith

I had the bright idea of making a run to Louisville Ky .to see my grandchildren yesterday .It's about 4 hours .I made it down I-75 about 10 miles in a down pour to the point I couldn't hardly see the road .Went back home ,another day ,soon .

chevytaHOE5674

Dont worry chuck we had ¼"+ of ice yesterday and last night before the snow started. So as the snow starts piling up it's all on top of ice. Got the tire chains on the tractors and pickup yesterday because moving snow without them will be difficult. Got the generator dug out of the shop because with ice, heavy wet snow, and 60mph wind gusts possible I'm sure our power will be off at some point. 

thecfarm

The snow has come and still snowing. Snowed maybe 16 hours. A slow storm. Maybe 4 inches out there. Suppose to have another 4-6 coming.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Snowing here now, but might get some of that freezing rain in it before it's done. Then rain coming by next week again. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

There was just a trace of new snow this morning at 6:00, now there's about an inch and it's still coming down pretty good!

Wet, heavy snow and 34°!

Never did get any ice here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 31, 2019, 07:13:59 AM
Snowing here now, but might get some of that freezing rain in it before it's done. Then rain coming by next week again. :D
How much snow did you get SwampDonkey?
 I's 34 here now, the temp waved between 32.5 and 33.5 all night. Overcast, dripping, no precip now but might as well be. ;D I just shoveled the sleet off the trailer but there is a thin layer of ice. I am on my way to pick up a loaner planer about 20 miles from here. The task for the day is to get it here, wire up a temp 220 drop and get it working.
 Might get a little snow tonight during the new years campfire, then mid 30's tomorrow, then back to work and I don't much care. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

Well, that snow didn't amount to much <1inch!

PineNut

I guess spring must be on the way. We have narcissus blooming. The daffodils are up but not ready to blooming yet. I am sure that we will see some more cold weather but spring is nice when it gets here. But then we may have our snow in March.

chevytaHOE5674

Only got about 13 inches of heavy snow here, the new farm 9 miles away got 16-18". Lots of blowing and drifting some 5 or 6 foot tall.

sawguy21

A bit of a mess here this morning. About 4" of snow and still coming down, the temperature is around freezing so it is sloppy. The roads are icy as the sanding crews barely keep up. The plow buried my parking spot so it is a bit of a struggle to get out. Did I say I dislike winter? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 31, 2019, 08:07:14 AMHow much snow did you get SwampDonkey?
Maybe 2" so far, a little wind with it. Coming off the Atlantic here from the NE. Still snowing, but I can see 3/4 mile. 25F here, but it can freezing rain at that temp.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We got about 6 inches, but had to get some light rain at the end of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I'll tally everything up in the morning. It's still nasty out there. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Holy woah spent the entire day plowing and moving snow. 6 foot tall drifts take a lot of time to move out of the way. Sun came out about half an hour before sunset for the first time in about a week. 

SwampDonkey

Wow that is some work to move 6 feet of snow. I remember grandfather telling me about the snow up on the Gaspé, Québec. They made paths in the deep snow to get in and out of the houses and maybe woodsheds. They would just plank over the paths to get in and out and never have to shovel them again that winter except to open the path entry up. 8) Remember there are three large bodies of water around the Gaspé, it's out on a peninsula. He used to take my uncles up there to get on bush plains to fly into northern Québec doing surveys. The plains were otters and beavers type with skis. I've flown in those many times, but with pontoons to land on lakes and ocean in northern BC. They are 1940's vintage plains and still going strong.

We had 8" of snow, no ice. I finished up plowing at 6:30 am local time. We's 1 hr ahead of eastern here. ;)

WDH

Y'all could just live under the snow, like the voles ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!