iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Roxie's mouse clicks have power, she banned underwear photos a few years back. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Starting out warm again today, now it's 40°!

It just seems like every other day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

36F here now and raining so far. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Raining here at about 34. My driveway was close to a skating rink and that is a dirt driveway!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

20° and more snow, just an inch or two sp far though. 

Al_Smith

I wish it would make up it's mind what to do .Cold,warm cold warm .Make a fire ,let it go out on and on and on .Good heavens alligators in Ohio and polar bears in Louisiana . 

51cub

Freezing rain for a good part of the night here. The temperature kept going up overnight though. Rain and 41 now. Supposed to be like that pretty much all day. Then partly sunny tomorrow
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Been raining hard here all day long. 39F and holding steady since mid morning.

thecfarm

I've got 45° and maybe done raining?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen1

Rain and then wet snow all day, a sloppy mess. Frezzing rain coming now
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

chevytaHOE5674

Snowed steady all day but only got 5 or 6 inches. 

thecfarm

Nope,not done raining. Boy it this was snow I would sound like chevytaHOE5674. :D

SwampDonkey

48F here this morning and light rain, fog and wind. No fire today. :D

Old Greenhorn

Rained hard from Friday afternoon through the night and was a steady drizzle Saturday morning. It was in the low 40's. We did some shopping in the morning and when we got home the rain had pretty much stopped, I skidded up one log and it still wasn't raining, so I opened up the mil and got into it. Of course as I got to the edging and finishing the rain became steady again and I was slowly getting soaked so I closed up and it rained  through the evening. Temp held steady in the mid 40's. They predicted more rain today, but the radar is clean and they took it off the forecast. It's 41 now and supposed to stay in the high 30's low 40's through the day. Here's hoping.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

The temps have dropped here, was 39 an hr ago, I suspect down to 32F now without looking. Wind just a whipping out of the west.

Logger RK

I was all set to skid some wood I sheared yesterday cause my house thermomator said only -6F at 5am. Then local news comes on & says -20's up north of me. I went & checked my Hoopdee thermo,it say -29F. I then dug my house sending units out of the snow that's near my porch. And it's been dropping since,-26F last I looked So on to Plan B. Cut firewood. Saw's easier to warmup then a Skidder. 

Stephen1

started out as rain yesterday and turned to snow and its been snowing since. Sloopy wet snow all day and then the temp dropped 25f and everything is frozen solid, snow is coming in off the Great Lakes all day today
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

curdog

Pretty decent day here. The car thermometer is reading 59 and it's bright and sunny.

51cub

Stayed in the mid 30s here all day. Some sun, some clouds. A pretty fair wind all day. It's 31 and the wind chill is 18. Fair and bright tomorrow
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Old Greenhorn

Weird day. It stayed steady at around 40 until 2:30 when it slowly started dropping to 33 now, we had wind some up in the 30mph range or more, we had to sun poke through once in a while, then we got snow flurries here and there. A little bit of everything but rain. Oh yeah, and we have mud now too. I wish it would freeze back up. The skidding is rough. ;D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with 14 inches of snow this morning. High temp today was 12° with a NW wind from someplace mighty cold. Don't get much else down around the farm when half the day is spent plowing everything out and the rest is spent feeding/watering cattle and tending the wood stove.

SwampDonkey

It's 15F here this morning and high wind to boot. Suppose to drop down to 5F sometime. Snow coming tomorrow I guess.

Old Greenhorn

Well in a strange diversion from swampdonkey's weather we are at 25° this morning and dead calm wind. We are expecting snow overnight turning to sleet freezing rain during the day tomorrow...maybe. 2-5 inches, enough to be annoying. Down in the city, 90 miles to our south they expect freezing rain throughout. I have shop work for the evenings, so I am OK, but I hate wasting time on snow, and it covers my wood stack, so more work. Oh well, it's winter. :) Happy Monday everyone.

SwampDonkey

Our wind here has slowed a bit, and I expect it to drop with the sun tonight. That means cold if the predicted 5F is accurate and it is not going to cloud up until tomorrow.

It was 22F here at midnight, but dropped there after.

wisconsitom

When son and I tromped thru our trees yesterday, we were walking in right around 24 inches of snow on the ground there.

A lull in the weather this week with little to no action.  Good-we need cold stuff to freeze the soaking-wet ground under the snow as best as possible.  I have a crew doing much cut-stump work in a woods we are restoring here in this town.  They are cutting buckthorn and non-native exotic honeysuckles and treating the stumps with herbicide.  Colder is the best answer for these guys.  On a "warm" day, say 38 degreesF, their Carhartt pants are soaked up past their knees.  On cold days, they can work and stay warm and dry.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Thank You Sponsors!