iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's Planting?

Started by Deadwood, March 11, 2006, 05:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadwood

Just wondering how many people on here were planning on planting some trees this spring. Now that the weather is warming up, the Maple Trees are being tapped and planting season will be here upon us before we know it.

So who on this board intends to plant some trees, and what are going to plug into the ground?

Deadwood:

Oak/ Black Spruce

Riles

Already done, finished about 2 weeks ago.

2500 shortleaf pine and 100 white oak
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

DoubleD

I will soon plant 50 seedling that i grew by myself half are ash (F. excelsior) and half are maple (A. pseudoplatanus)
Wannabe a sawmiller

TexasTimbers

I have 250 seedlings awaiting me at the TFS center in Gilmer Texas but I may have to get 'em next year. They say I can do that. Over-loaded my cart this year.
What was that movie line that says "Son your mouth is writing checks your body can't cash..."
Well my good intentions wrote some checks this year that my schedule  can't cash. ::)
Of course I have a Italian wife that can outwork me practically so it may get done yet. I bet DoubleD can attest that those Italian women are hard to keep up with! :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

badpenny

When the frost is out of the ground, I plan to spend some time pulling spruce seedlings from Mom's yard and putting them back in the ground on my place. These are all 3-6" tall last fall, so pull and plant in the same day as this has worked for me in the past. Labor intensive, I know, but the price is right($0). And, these seedlings are under and around 3 spruce that Mom and Granny pulled and planted the spring of '58, so there is a sort of history to these particular trees/seedlings.
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

DoubleD

Kevjay you could bet on that  ;) ;) :D :D :D if you don't mind me asking what part of Italy do mrs. came from?
Wannabe a sawmiller

TexasTimbers

She doesn't know. She was adopted at 6 months. All she knows is her biological mother was full Italian and her biological father was half Dutch and half German. So she is a Heinz 57 like me. But the Italian in her is dominant, she looks more Italian than anything else. The few times she's been mad at me there is no question which is the dominant DNA! :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!