iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Step One

Started by LeeS, September 25, 2020, 10:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeS

Hello Forestry Forum, I have had a dream for years to build a timber frame cabin in place of the pre fam one that sits on my property since I purchased it.  I have recently acquired access to a reliable source of logs, fortunately I have read reliable forums and watched reliable YouTubers so unfortunately these logs are currently no benefit to me.  I have no set plans or cut sheets yet.  I have reached out to a couple of companies however they did not want to work with an owner / co-designer / builder.  I am hoping someone know a good resource I could reach out to for design overview and review.  My cabin is on the edge of the Tug hill NY area and want to make sure the structure is designed to withstand the 70psf snow load requirement. 

ScottCC

I'm right down in Glenfield, NY if you need some help.  Stop in, kids are having a lemonade stand today on Otter Creek Road.  I'll do what I can.
Necessity is the mother of invention.  Poverty is its big brother.  WM mp100, WM eg100, WM sp4000 chip extractor,  WM 260 molder on order ,WM electric  lt15 wide with extra track, 71 Oliver allterrain forklift, 26' flat bed trailer, road legal log arch, homemade kiln, AutoCAD lt15

Ljohnsaw

For design work and engineers that will work with you, contact Fire Tower Engineered Timber back in R.I.  I used them as they have an engineering license in California.  I designed and drew (SketchUp) my cabin plans and had a few iterations with Ben (owner) and Duncan (my main contact).  Within a few weeks (maybe 6?), I was ready to submit to the county.  Very thorough and VERY happy to have worked with them.

Fire Tower Engineered Timber
tel: 401. 654. 4600 ext 203 • fax: 401. 654. 4602
77 Commodore Road, Worcester, MA 01602
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!