iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cedar mills around east TN, south eastern KY, south west VA

Started by Dirtdobber, January 12, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtdobber

Does anyone know of any mills around east TN that buys cedar logs for either lumber or chipping? If so, what diameter & length do they purchase, and what is the pay scale?

Jasperfield

There is a fellow in Rutledge, TN that saws cedar. He is ENE of Knoxville. He's not a large operation but does a good job.

I bought some 5/4 from him about two years ago and my brother bought some about a month ago.

Email me if you want contact info.

just_sawing

Grant Ceder mill in Grant TN deals with Ceder and buys Chippers.
Nice People to deal with.
There WEB address is http://www.grantcedarmill.com/index.html
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Dirtdobber

Thanks, I have info on Grants cedar mill. Havn't talked with them yet. Does anyone know anything about Glasscock log & lumber co. in Bloomfield KY?

Cedarman

Dirtdobber,  What would you like to know about Glasscock Log and Lumber?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

farmboy1tn

there is a sawmill that places a ad on knoxville craigs list that is located in tazewell

Dirtdobber

Just wondering what kind of rep they have. Never heard of them before I stumbled across their web site. Tried to send a message but there was a problem with their message site. Wouldn't let me send. The date that I saw I believe was 2004, didn't know if they were still in business, and if so, what their prices were and what types they bought. (Lumber logs only or if they also bought chipper wood)

Cedarman

Mark runs a pretty big operation.  They buy a lot of logs and use a circle mill to square cants which they sell mostly to China and some other companies.  They also do some resawing.  All of their waste is ground into mulch similar to what we do.  They also do a lot of logging.
He competes hard.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Dirtdobber

Does anyone know the phone number for Grant cedar mill?  I cannot pull up the web site anymore.

Thank You Sponsors!