iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky kill switches

Started by bandmiller2, July 26, 2013, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

I hope the new huskys have a different kill switch than the old saws,their crap.Something so simple you'd think they would last better.Have any of you put a small momentary toggle switch in its place.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

I do wish you guys would stop talking about those switches.  ;D  Mine will find out and start giving me problems. I have a 372 for 6-7-8 years and only once I had to push in the wire for the switch. I thought as soon as it would not shut off I was done for.  :D I am also the type that can break an anvil with a feather.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sharkey

I agree Frank, those switches are light duty.  On the ones that we have we just pull the choke.  Trouble is those husky choke pulls are light duty too!

HolmenTree

The new series of 550, 562 Huskies have an excellent master control switch now ,choke, fast idle, on off  all in one just like the Stihls but only backwards in operation. :D
Plus the new Husky switch is "auto on" with no need to put the switch back on after shutting it off......a big  time saver when you work that switch all day long.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

bill m

After a little bit of creative shaping with a dremel tool I was able to put a toggle switch on my 372xp.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!