iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Ernie,  I'm 60 and my wife is 54, but she still thinks she is 35 when it comes to hiking and climbing mountains. :o ;D  I'm just glad it was a low mountain. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

pigman

View of part of Jackson Hole from the Tetons.

Furby

I like the big cotton ball in the middle.  :)
Nice shot!

pappy

Couple a buddies of mine were muskie fishing up around the Hartt family camp at Glazier lake on the border waters of Maine and New Brunswick Canada, and got a shot of this double rainbow... Wish we woulda been dere  8)

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Jeff

Thanks for bringing this thread back up Tim. Great photo.  I forgot my Sister LEEEANDA sent me a seris of Sky photos she took to post here. Here is the first one taken from her dock.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Jeff

Another of Lynda's photos either taken at her house on the Lake or up to the cabin. I think this is a cabin photo.

pappy

Sometimes the skies aren't so nice  :o  these were taken before the rainbow appeared...

pretty ominous looking

starting to look better now

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Jeff

There are some amazing photos on this thread!

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

There is a big red circle around the moon tonight. THe photo does not do it justice, and when I went back out to try for a better one, it was gone.

Furby

Gonna be cold tonight eh? ;D

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on November 17, 2005, 09:56:03 PM
There is a big red circle around the moon tonight. THe photo does not do it justice, and when I went back out to try for a better one, it was gone.

My dad always told me there was a specific term for that--it escapes me.  I think I'll have to call him up and ask him!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

OneWithWood

Whenever there is a halo around the moon like that it is forewarning of rain or snow.  The halo is the reflection of moonlight off moisture droplets in the atmosphere.  Sure looks pretty.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Quote from: Paschale on November 18, 2005, 01:11:34 AM
My dad always told me there was a specific term for that--it escapes me.  I think I'll have to call him up and ask him!

Good as an excuse as any. Wish I could still call mine.  :-\   

Furby

Do what my Mom does, send him an email @heaven.god ;)

Tom

A lone Cypress bannered by Pines at Spencer Field
Nov.2005 about 4pm

SwampDonkey

Tom are those cypress tough (survivors)? He's got a pretty small crown.  ???

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Shot Chet and I got on the way home from visiting Shotgun's camp.

moosehunter

You shot Chet???????????????????
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bro. Noble

Quote from: moosehunter on November 29, 2005, 07:52:34 AM
You shot Chet???????????????????

Well,  I bet he did get on his way home :o :o
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Swamp,

Cypress are typically sparse like that up top. that's what I think makes them so distinctive and pretty.  There are a few limbs way up there and they have little tufts of leaves/needles that make them look kinda oriental because they are flat.  Those that have spanish moss hanging from them are even more so spectacular.

This is a very healthy tree and is one of about four remaining in a damp spot that will become pasture.  Remember I've talked of clearing out wetland species because the Gov. will stop you from using your land if they are found?  Well.......    This is to be a pasture.

SwampDonkey

I was curious because I've seen yellow cedar/cypress with almost nothing left for crown and still supporting a farely large tree. Those things are indistructable except burning. Where I worked in Northern BC I never saw any regenerating because of the sitka deer problem and they grow up in the mountains, not down next to sea level like red cedar. You wouldn't think the deer would be in the higher elevations, they must think they're goats.  :'(

pigman

A picture I took a while back. Any guesses where it was taken. Kind of looks like it might rain.

The picture was taken in1969 at China Beach, an in country R and R center at DaNang, RVN. The US TV show  " China Beach" was very loosely based on this R and R center.

SwampDonkey

Could be anywhere along NB's North eastern ocean front here. I'm gonna say Val Comeau , but I don't think you've ever been there. ;D

Val Comeau Beach Sunset

Val Comeau Beach

Thank You Sponsors!