iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw sawmill plans

Started by northener, January 30, 2007, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northener

Hi ! out there i am new to this forum, i am from quebec, canada  searching for plans to built my self a small sawmill with a chain saw , i have a wood lot and it,s time to cut some lumber for my personal use because i love to built all sort of woodworking projects so any help will be appraciated.

northener ! not much snow here this winter : ::)

beenthere

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of help here, and likely already have found the pics in the image archive of something similar to what you are describing. Considerable information to read about and to get ideas either to build or to avoid, depending on how you feel about it.  :)

A couple members names that come to mind are Imbeachy and Alsayyed. Look them up in the member section and click on their posts for additional reading of their experiences. Look under the Chainsaws board to search for more, as well as use the great Search feature here. Lot's of info.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sprucegum

Welcome !  Always nice to meet another Canadian eh  :)

Here is a pic of a very simple mill on a small saw

There are better pics in my gallery , I haven't figured out how to post more than one at a time yet. I can weld with 2 hands but only type with 1 finger  :-\

rebocardo

I don't see how you can go wrong with a Procut, I had one someone else had built and it was a fine chainsaw mill.

http://www.procutportablesawmills.com/

Thank You Sponsors!