iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gray Box

Started by terry f, October 08, 2013, 01:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry f

Haven't seen anything on the gray box yet, great video, can't imagine how hard and dangerous the river work was.

beenthere

QuoteHaven't seen anything on the gray box yet, great video, can't imagine how hard and dangerous the river work was.

New topic, but what does it mean or refer to ?

What video?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Click on the right grey box. The left one gives you something too.  :D I 've watched the video this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Got it!  A good video. (in the ?? box  ;D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terry f

?? is right, don't look in the gray box, its a trick.

beenthere

Yeah right. That's cause it's a grey box, not a gray box.  8)
south central Wisconsin

terry f

That's what has everyone confused, someday I'll learn to spell, but I might be too old to lern.

mesquite buckeye

Amazing the changes since 1950.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WildDog

Quotesomeday I'll learn to spell, but I might be too old to lern

Terry f if the learning gets too tough up on top you can fit in "down under", where the color gray is the colour grey ???
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Shotgun

Gray is English, US.  Grey is England/UK.  I suspect that Jeff posted the "grey".  He must be UK.   ;D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

mad murdock

That is an awesome video!! Thanks for posting it Jeff 8) 8) 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

g_man

Timber is a crop - great video. thanks

Maine372

i am much to young to have witnessed a log drive, but have had to opportunity to chat with an older man who witnessed some of the last ones. the video refers to the sounds of the logs in the river as something every new englander is familiar with. that is a noise that i would like to hear.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree Killer

Great video ! Thats when the men were men and the women were tooo!  Lol 

isawlogs

My hunting camp is on a river that so resembles this river, I long to be there ....... :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

I'll try to periodically change the content in the greygray box when I find something interesting. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ahlkey

My grandfather often talked about his many years in logging camps prior to the first world war.  I lived with him while going to college back then and the video bought back so many of those special memories.  I was fascinated as a young man with his logging tales.  He always said that while they worked from daylight to nightfall they ate well.  So "four times daily" makes perfect sense given the way they labored each day.  Thanks for posting the video.   

Thank You Sponsors!