iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday USMC

Started by WV Sawmiller, November 10, 2020, 07:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Happy birthday to all the Leatherneck, Jarhead Devil Dogs alumni here on the Forum.

I understand Samuel Nickolas was directed to form a Corps of Continental Marines so he promptly went to Tun Tavern there in Philadelphia and found his first recruit and signed him up. He told the first Marine he had to bring his own bed roll and rifle and in his inebriated state the recruit agreed. After that recruiting slacked off and Captain Nickolas hit a bit of a dry spell. He checked the normal recruiting hot spots, the surrounding bars, jails and brothels, but could not seal the deal for a second Marine so finally he decided to offer a recruiting bonus and was successful in recruiting a second Marine but only after promising the Corps would provide him with a new bedroll and rifle. Back at the base the second Marine met the first Marine and was showing off his new bedroll and rifle he had gotten to enlist and the first Marine, Old Salt that he was, sadly shook his head and delivered the famous words heard ever since "It wasn't like that in the Old Corps."

Semper Fi.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Skip

gspren

Happy Birthday from a "Salty Swabby".
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Sedgehammer

Happy birthday to my littler and younger brother........ ;D
Necessity is the engine of drive

K-Guy

Happy Birthday from from a former Canadian soldier!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Trackerbuddy

I sure hope you baked a cake, you earned it

Ron Scott

As a Fleet Marine Force (FMF) "Devil Doc", I celebrate the USMC Birthday.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!