iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lunch with a Goat.

Started by Jeff, December 16, 2015, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We needed to start somewhere, so since Tamiam kinda drug POSTONLT40 into our first test podcast, It was decided to drag him into the next one as well. :D 

In Todays Podcast

We talk about how POSTONLT4 became a Goat, (He missed my reference when I asked if he had been one since a Kid), sawmilling, fires, the weather, a potential alien invasion at the Brokaw's and a few other things. Hopefully you enjoy having lunch with THEE goat as much as I did. Thank you David!  :)

Or download the MP3 below by right clicking the file and selecting Save Link As
https://forestryforum.com/podcasts/poston.mp3

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I thought this went really well. It was actually in stereo coming through my head phones.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pineywoods

I have a question, who had the most fun with this, Jeff or Poston ? Great job guys, thanks. Looks to me like Jeff has come up with another winner idea... 8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pineywoods on December 16, 2015, 06:56:42 PM
Looks to me like Jeff has come up with another winner idea... 8)

He's a genuis but don't tell him.  ;)

justallan1

Great idea! I think you both did a great job. This pod cast is a whole bunch like David's feelings on going to a pig roast in that you get a bit more of an idea of the folks you are associating with on here.
Jeff, you made a great DJ (or host) and the both of you talked like you'd been around each other forever.
Again, great job guys.

isawlogs

Poston     you have an acent!    ;D    :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on December 16, 2015, 08:54:00 PM
Poston     you have an acent!    ;D    :)

:D :D :D :D I was wondering when you were gonna show up.  ;D

starmac

I have had goat for lunch a few times, but can't recall having lunch with a goat. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Texas Ranger

The goat isn't the only one with an accent! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

trapper

like it but with everything else on the forum I don't know where I will have time to get anything done.  The forum has me addicted to it.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

js2743

Roxie

Really good interview!   8)

I could be wrong, but I thought the transformation to goat, occurred on this thread.  A post references Poston's change to the goat avatar.  It's an amusing read, of course. 

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,76896.40.html

Say when

Dan_Shade

I liked it, definitely interesting and entertaining.   

The Foxfire story is great!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Raphael

I too found the forum when researching sawmills.
A large section of my firewood stack glows in the dark, at the rate this winter is going it'll be a semipermanent driveway marker.  ::)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

mad murdock

Poston does not have an accent, it is a bit difficult to talk when you have a mouth full of grits :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: mad murdock on December 17, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
Poston does not have an accent, it is a bit difficult to talk when you have a mouth full of grits :)

:D

Darrel

This is way cool!  More podcasts please.  8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Darrel

And one more thing. I also found The Forestry Forum when googling for information on buying a used sawmill.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Planman1954

This is a great idea. It will help us all get to really know one another better!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

doctorb

Jeff-  you are a natural radio host.  Poston, you are everything I thought you would be, and hoped you wouldn't.  Excellent and informative podcast.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

I finally got a chance to listen this evening.  Thanks Guys, I would expect no less.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 17, 2015, 10:22:36 PM
I finally got a chance to listen this evening.  Thanks Guys, I would expect no less.   smiley_thumbsup

Just a couple of Bots having fun.  ;D

Left Coast Chris

Well done and interesting.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

mad murdock

Well done. Jeff is a regular Dick Cavett.  Interesting to learn of the different backgrounds of the FF members featured. Poston, I hope you got at least $300 for that interview ;)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D