iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever heard of a Husky hotdog?

Started by Nils Jonsson, March 25, 2021, 04:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Jonsson

I use Husqvarna / Husky chain- and clearing saws when I'm working in the forest, have always done. However, I did try a Stihl MS201 the other day and must say I liked it ... Anyway, I have heard about that Husky have a museum close to the factory showing their long history. Yesterday I read an article about this museum where I found out that the company have been around for 332 years!!! Well, their first chainsaw came in 1959, but before that they made weapons, kitchen equipment, motorbikes, bicycles, boat engines, sauna heaters and many many more things. E.G. a hotdog machine!
When I saw that I recalled when I was a kid that my dad, who loved hotdogs just like me, bought me a hotdog from one of those machines. It was long time ago, but if I remember it right it wasn't the most tasty hotdog I've had, but definitely the coolest.
How many of you had a Husky hotdog? I did  8)
By the way; If you ever come to Sweden, this museum is worth a visit.

sablatnic

I haven't, but I do own a Husqvarna meat grinder.

SwampDonkey

They and Viking make sewing machines to. The best there is. ;D

Machines - HUSQVARNA VIKINGĀ®
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Real1shepherd

Ditto on the sewing machines. I knew some ladies in a sewing club and they bought a 'serger' machine together and shared it. It was a Husky. Had all these bobbins on the top.....don't ask me what they do.

Kevin

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Real1shepherd on March 25, 2021, 07:17:45 AM
Ditto on the sewing machines. I knew some ladies in a sewing club and they bought a 'serger' machine together and shared it. It was a Husky. Had all these bobbins on the top.....don't ask me what they do.

Kevin
2 needles, lower looper ,upper looper and they need to be threaded the correct order to.
A serger operator ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BradMarks

Oh man, people(SwampDonkey) who know how and what about a sewing machine! All I'm good for is moving it from one room to another ;)

Real1shepherd

I mentored this boy once to adulthood.....he knew how to use a sewing machine. I told him that if he left me alone in a room with a sewing machine to use, I'd stitch my hand to the floor. Well, actually I said I'd stitch my hand to something 'else', but this a family site. 8)

Kevin

gspren

My mother grew up with her mother, an aunt, her grandmother and grandfather and the women did their sewing by hand, no machines. In her 40s mom wanted to try a sewing machine so I, in my mid 20s, bought her one at Sears and I figured it out by reading the manual I then taught my mom how to use a sewing machine. When mom died a few years ago at 90 I got the sewing machine back and even made some masks with it last year. And on topic, sorta, I once rode a Husky motorcycle.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Real1shepherd

I admire any guy that knows how to use a sewing machine. But like auto painting, for me it's one of those skill sets that I know I'll never acquire.

Kevin

John Mc

I was in Sweden visiting distant relatives (3rd cousins?) about 7 or 8 years ago. On our way from one set of relatives outside Gothenburg to another group of families in Uppsala (north of Stockholm) and Tarnsjo, we drove by some signs mentioning the Husqvarna museum. I wanted to stop and look around, but was overruled by my wife and kids. I wish I had insisted. I may never get the opportunity again.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Nils Jonsson

Quote from: John Mc on March 27, 2021, 10:19:27 AM
I was in Sweden visiting distant relatives (3rd cousins?) about 7 or 8 years ago. On our way from one set of relatives outside Gothenburg to another group of families in Uppsala (north of Stockholm) and Tarnsjo, we drove by some signs mentioning the Husqvarna museum. I wanted to stop and look around, but was overruled by my wife and kids. I wish I had insisted. I may never get the opportunity again.
Ooh, bad luck! I think both you and your family missed something. Maybe next time ...  :)

Thank You Sponsors!