iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's Paul been up to?

Started by Jodi, July 28, 2005, 06:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jodi

I was just looking through some of the pictures that I took, of what has been keeping my dad busy for the past few days. Thought some of you might want to see what the guy's been doin.  8)

Above is Glenn inspecting the foundation frames.

My dad smoothing concrete.

The tracks for which the concrete will be poured into.

In these pictures, a foundation is being made for my dad's kiln to sit on once it is moved to our house. Alot of work, but I think it'll pay off.  :)

Tom

I knew that wasn't Paul in the first picture.  That fellow has been eating too many grits to be Paul. 

Oh yeah, that's Paul in the second one.

Like your Hat, Paul.  ;D

Jeff

Hey! Thanks Jodi! Its always good to see a cool looking hat.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Thanks for the pictures Jodi, and Paul don't let them raze you about that hat.

Bing Crosby had one just like it. ;D

Furby

Cool!  8) 8) 8)
Thanks Jodi!

Paul, it looks like everything is built up, is that because of the flood plain?

Jeff

This might be a clue Furby.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=987.0

At least this time he's doing it the easier way. :D

Furby

Yup, that's what I was thinking of. ;)

Frank_Pender

Gee, and I thoght he was preping the site for the new guest house he was makingready for when I might take leave of this farm for a day or three.     

Thank you for sharing the pictures, Jodi. What is the tubeing form going to be used for in the last photo?
Frank Pender

Jodi

Hey Frank, the guesthouse will be going over there as well as the kiln.  :) The foundation is shaped to hold both of them, side-by-side.  8) As for the tubing...you'll have to ask Paul. He's in Calgary but he said he might look in on the forum once or twice if he can.  ;D

-Jodi

Jeff

He told me the guest house was for me Frank! ;)

Frank_Pender

First come First served.   8)   I have a piece of his equipment setting here as a bargaining chip.   

Jodi, What is he doing there; for the Stampede?
Frank Pender

Jodi

Haha, I'm not so sure about the stampede, but who knows, maybe that's where he'll end up.  ;) He's actually in calgary with my stepmother, visiting her parents.  :) He'll be back in a few days.  ::)

Paul_H

Quote from: Norm_F. on July 28, 2005, 09:21:15 PM
Thanks for the pictures Jodi, and Paul don't let them raze you about that hat.

Bing Crosby had one just like it. ;D

:D Hey,it's a great hat in the hot sunlight and my Grandpa had a hat like that for haying.

Yes,we had to make sure the kiln and cabin are above the flood plain but we did compromise a bit so things aren't too high up in the air.The "cabin" is 12x36 and has a bedroom and bathroom and will be open to any FF'ers that show up at our house.Bring mosquito repellant  ;)

Nice work on the pictures Jodi!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Paul_H

Had to show how my morning went 8)

Start @ 8:30 am

Heading for our house

Kiln in place and wrapping things up about 11:30 am.The Electrician had power to the kiln just before 1:00 pm. I'm really happy with the move.

Fla._Deadheader

You do some of the DanGest things, Paul.  ::) ;D ;D  Nice move. Got wood to put in the Kiln ???  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Harold,
when we first built the kiln it was a coin toss whether to build it at the bunkhouse,or our house  ::) :D

I've started loading 3000 bf of Yellow Cedar for Bob,my #1 customer. He wants it as soon as possible  ???

Paul_H

Sometime last August we moved the trailer 7 miles from the old bunkhouse property where the kiln sat,over to our house. When we sat the trailer down on the borrowed axles we noticed that the springs folded over like spaghetti so we cut some blocks from a 4x6 that was laying around and placed them between the axles and the frame to kind of help the springs a bit  :P

Heading out the driveway from the bunkhouse and on the road.

Turning into our driveway.The peak of the roof just missed the phone lines and the back wheels came off of the road and I was expecting some real loud noises but it went surprisingly well.

Kenny was driving the tow truck and he took it all in stride but I was happy to see it set in place with no carnage.

While we've been layed off for fire season this Summer,we took some time and hooked the trailer up to power and water and set it down on proper blocks and skirting.These past two weeks have been busy getting things set up.

More pics later.

UNCLEBUCK

Nice project Paul , look at them beautiful mountains too !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

asy

Must admit, I was thinking the same as Buck said, those mountains must be really difficult to wake up to every morning!

Looks magnificent.

Oh, and the house looks cute too!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

SwampDonkey

:o :o Sure wasn't alot of wiggle room getting that off the highway and down the driveway. Lets play sea saw on the bunk house roof. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

You're a heck of a lot luckier than me Paul. That trailer would have tipped over sideways and blocked both lanes just as the mayor was heading to his daughters wedding. :D

What are you going to use it for?

Bro. Noble

Thats where I'm gonna stay when I get rid of these stoopid cows ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

To do that here would have required permits for lifting the house, setting the house, attaching the axles, licenses for the truck, permits for the road, extra insurance, ......  it would be a nightmare.

We still have folks that will just hook up to a house and pull it to another spot.   Are they more lenient up there or did you just do it.  :D

Way to go Paul!  That looks like it was quite the experience and you got pictures too.  8)

SwampDonkey

If Paul lives at the end of nowhere like I do up here, we can do pretty much what we want as long as no one is looking.  8) Well....no one with a van labled Weights and Measures Enforcement... or ...RCMP.... :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Yes,we just went ahead and did it but it was nerve wracking because we wouldn't have had any coverage if the trailer busted in half or rolled in the ditch.It is still somewhat layed back here because of the farming and logging going on here although the town is becoming a bedroom community for Whistler so "civilization" is coming to our area.  :-X

The kiln is oversize and we kicked around the idea of having a farmer tow it behind a tractor but it went well on the lowbed.

Thank You Sponsors!