iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyon

Started by chance33, October 04, 2013, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chance33

Went the first time to the Cambridge, OH show. Lot of good stuff to see and spend your fortune on! Really enjoyed the "saw off".. I took home my dream, a Farmi 351. Can't wait to pull some poles up the ravine and across the swamp..
Mahindra 4025 4wd, FEL, Farm351P, Turner portable mill w/ 25 hp Honda, Wood Beaver 16 Processor.

drobertson

You are right, a big pocket book required for some of the equipment!  It has been a fun and great learning experience for sure,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Farmi 351? Must be a 3pt winch?  What size tractor you have? HP? You will like it. I made some some short chains ,4 feet long. I got sick and tired of running 4 feet of chain back and forth through the chokers. Try to get a straight pull as much as you can. Do not pull at a sharp angle.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chance33

I've got a Mahindra 4025 w/ FEL and forks. Got a self-releasing snatch with the winch deal. Will take your suggestion and make some 4' chains. I also don't like to pull chain
Mahindra 4025 4wd, FEL, Farm351P, Turner portable mill w/ 25 hp Honda, Wood Beaver 16 Processor.

Thank You Sponsors!