iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vacumn sealers

Started by 69bronco, August 17, 2019, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronco

Im in the market for a new one. The current one I have is a foodsaver brand, it's ok but it's auto function. Meaning you have to trigger the process with the bag, which wastes a lot of material. It also shuts down after a couple of seals because of overheating. Anyone have one they're happy with? So many out there it's hard to choose, hands on experience would be helpful. Thanks

thecfarm

Can I come along for the ride too?  ;D  
I want one too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I've been in the market for a new one too!  I'm thinking of going to one of the local butcher shops/slaughter houses to see what they are using and ask how long they've been using it, then go from there! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

I had one of the auto start ones. Pain in the ...
Bought another food saver
but this time I got the sportsman model. Manual start and better pump so you don't have to wait for it to cool down when doing a lot of packages. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

We have a "Food Saver", no problems in 10 years or so, freezer went out, so we sealed the ones that were not completely thawed and put in another freezer.  Ran steady for about a half hour.  Oh, no auto.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Food Saver but not automatic.  Press a button when you are ready for each operation.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

We have used one of the large foodsaver automatic machines for 4 years now and love it.  we do a couple hundred bags a year and never have had a problem with the machine.  It has the pulse function so you can do wet items like chicken and still get a perfect seal without sucking liquid into the seal area. It also has the vacuum hose that pulls out and allows us to use the canning jar adapters for vacuum packing dry goods with standard lids and rings. I use it to keep all the food we dehydrate fresh. It does take a extra inch of bag but we buy big boxes of the rolls at Costco.  I  tried the low cost rolls off Amazon once and had trouble with freezer burn and sealing so I only  use the foodsaver brand rolls now.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

A-z farmer

We use food saver vacuum sealers in our trading post and have for many years .We take three beef or three bison at a time to be processed to central New York .The butcher shop uses a commercial vacuum sealer but  we still end up sealing the ones that are not air tight when we get them back .i think that the food saver brand rolls are the best and that is we have used for years.When we are doing a lot of sealing we will use two sealers alternating between them so as not to burn the sealing element.
Zeke

ESFted

I have an older FoodSaver GameSaver model from BassPro that has served us well for several years.  When/if it bites the bullet I'll seriously think of getting one of the chamber vacuum systems at around 1K.  Bags are much cheaper and you can do liquids like soups and sauces without having to pre-freeze or otherwise mess around with it.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

69bronco

Thanks for the input! Foodsaver seems to be the most popular of the homeowner brands, I've had 2 or3 over the years with mixed results. I went on there site and it happens they have a sale on now till 9/1. I'm going to try the FM5460, it has a separate sealing bar for bag making and will supposedly seal 30 bags in a row. I'll report back after I've put it through a workout. Thank you again.

69bronco

Update.. Gave the new bagger a run of 24 bags of peppers, no overheat issues. Has a strong suction and a see through window that let's you control the amount of bag past the seal strip. The old one had to have a good inch on either end of bag (auto). Can take this one down to 1/4". So far so good!

K-Guy

I've been interested in getting one of these. How easy are they to use for when you buy enough for 3 packages. Does it take long for setup and use?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Raider Bill

I keep mine on a shelf. Pull it down, plug in, put your bag in and push start. I use it a couple times a week.
Simple and easy.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!