iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How Often do you Do It?

Started by Magicman, January 05, 2020, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Eat Desert?  Well what did you think that I was gonna ask in da Food Board?

I have a "sweet tooth" so if a cookie counts as desert, I fall into the always category.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Sometimes I eat dessert first. There is always something here to eat after the mill. Cookies, homemade, store bought at times, ice cream is always in the freezer. Candy don't last long.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Motto to live by: Life is uncertain, so eat dessert first.

A little something sweet is always a good topper to a meal even if it is only a shot glass full of maple syrup.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jeff

I go long stretches of nothing sweet to streches of something everyday. Usually gets started with left over Halloween candy and progresses to anything that moves slow enough to catch by new years
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Provocative title there Lynn.  :D :D 

I haven't eaten any sweets in a little over 4 years. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I wasn't trying to provoke you into eating sweets LeeB.  Heck, you won't even eat Blueberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream at da Pig Roast.   ;D

Did you vote no?  no_no
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Quote from: Magicman on January 05, 2020, 07:44:37 PMDid you vote no?

I did now. I didn't realize it was a poll until you asked how I voted. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

sawguy21

I enjoy anything with fruit in it but seldom make deserts for myself. Nothing really rich and sweet, I sure would have shared that bluebery pie with a dollop of ice cream. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Chuck White

I would just as soon have an apple or an orange than I would most common deserts!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

51cub

Unfortunately I have dessert more often than not anymore. I've got to where I make a DanG good brownie. If I could get better with pies then at least there would be fruit
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

EOTE

I am an ice cream addict.  Unfortunately 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (mostly because my basic food groups were ice cream, candy, cakes and donuts, and anything else that was sweet).  

However, I decided not to take the doctor's recommendation (he wanted to just call in a prescription for insulin) and do some research to see if there was any natural way of curing diabetes.

Long story short, after a month of research, I embarked on a Ketogenic diet of 60% fat, 5% or less carbs, and the rest proteins.  That was 4 years ago and I have had blood tests every 6 months (and more often initially) and my blood sugar and A1C levels are normal beginning 30 days after embarking on this diet.  There is a growing amount of research that shows this diet not only works to cure diabetes but has other respectable side benefits and can potentially also be the cure for numerous types of cancer (not my claim - lots of research out there supporting the conclusion).

My diet consists of mainly meat (think steaks, hamburgers [no bun], chops, chicken, and dairy products like butter and eggs.) Anyway, I can still eat ice cream, using a slightly modified recipe from 1750's.  

Quick recipe:  1 quart heavy cream, 5 to 7 egg yolks, flavoring (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, caramel, orange, or peppermint), 3/4 cup of Splenda.  Mix thoroughly and put into your ice cream maker.  My wife bought me a Breville Ice Cream Maker and it works flawlessly.

I usually make a couple of quarts a week and enjoy the different flavors.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

thecfarm

Any cheese in that diet.  :D My cfarm diet is bread, meat and cheese and ice cream after all that. But do like the sweet stuff too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kantuckid

I am also an ice cream fiend. I have quite the collection of recipes and have made it since I was a child in the 1940's. A family tradition that comes from my Mother is Brown Bread ice cream which originated in the UK, not USA.
In my home town of Topeka, KS a place I always go to is an old A&W stand now known for it's frozen custards, It IS NOT that carp they sell in STL either, this version is so much like ice cream i guess it's close to the same thing. My main flavors there are, you guessed it- Brown Bread but I really like their lemon too.
Called- "G's Frozen Custard", it's on west 6th street. Closed seasonally.
Store bought I lean toward Blue Bell made mostly in Texas but sold in KY.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!