iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blades for the new WoodMizer Wide Head

Started by DR_Buck, September 21, 2018, 05:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

My new LT40 Super Wide gets delivered to me this coming Sunday  8)   by Marty at a show he is doing about an hour from me.     To save him some effort getting to and setting up at the show they shipped me the bands I ordered to go on it.     UPS delivered them today and I don't know why, but I was surprised that the boxes were larger than I had been using for the last 14 years.   :o    I should have expected larger boxes for longer bands.    Anyway, this got me thinking about folding these longer bands.   So the question for you guys that have wide head mills, are the 171" bands harder to fold up into a circle than the 158" ones?    Should I were arm length gloves and armor plated clothing?  :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Sawmill Man

The longer they are the easier they are to fold up.
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

John S

I agree, they seem to be easier to coil.  
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

charles mann

I saw a guy coil and uncoil a 308" band. It looked extremely easy, even being his first time doing it. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

tawilson

Even I can coil them like I know what I'm doing. Uncoiling them is where I need the armour and gloves.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

redbeard

Here's a 1-1/2" wide .055 thickness 267" long blade, that is  double folded too the size of normal coiled blades for shipping purposes.
These are throw them in sawdust pile with several steps back as you throw them.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

jmouton

havent tried it yet ,, seems like we broke more than we have to fold up
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

JRWoodchuck

Redbeard what diameter are the band wheels on your hudson?
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!