iDRY Vacuum Kilns

This I.P address has been banned.

Started by Trebor1959, January 04, 2020, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebor1959

Hi there,
I hope one of the admin staff can help.
I've just tried to log-in on my laptop but there's a message saying that my IP address has been banned, and the page immediately changes to some unrelated page. I've no reason that it should be and am at loss to know why. I'm writing this via my smart phone as it's my only option.
If someone can explain what I can do, I'd be very grateful.
Regards,
RM

Jeff

Im looking into it. Looks to me like you are in Great Britain?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Is there a reason given for the I.P. ban in the warning? 

Trebor1959

Hi Jeff,
Yes, I'm in the UK. 
It doesn't give a reason but the message does add, "Many times an old I.P. Ban will effect a member that it should not". But I've never been banned before so i guess that wouldn't apply. 
Hoping you can help.
Best Rob

Jeff

I'm still looking for it, and have not found it.  Some ISP's give you a different I.P. address each time you login. If we ban a current threat and that I.P. gets used later by someone else, they of course see the ban. Sometimes we ban an I.P. because of what we see are doing as a guest. Like trying to look at profiles one after another. They can't but they try.

Over 20 years these add up.

Trebor1959

Hi Jeff, 
For security, I use a VPN and this may account for different IP addresses showing up but if I know this may cause problems for the site,I can turn it off.

Trebor1959

I could also add that I've tried to log in with the VPN turned off but it still doesn't allow access.

Jeff

Go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ on the machine that you are getting the ban notice on and get that number. Come back here on the device that lets you and send me a P.M with the offending I.P.  I'm not finding the ban.

Trebor1959

Hi Jeff,
As requested I replied with my IP address by PM yesterday but can't see if anything was actually sent as I don't seem to have access to a mailbox. 
Perhaps you can let me know if you received it?
Best, Rob

Jeff

I did, and So far I have not found that ip in our ban list. Ill try and look again later today.

Jeff

There has to be another issue on that machine. No where is the I.P. address you gave me in our ban list and you are actually posting from the I.P, you gave me to look at. I went line by line through 18 pages of entries.

I would try to do a dns flush on your machine, delete all forum cache for all time from your browser as well as any bookmarks you may have to the site. Return to the forum via typing the address and see if that resolves things.

Trebor1959

Thanks, Jeff; I'll try and do what you suggest.
I appreciate your help.
Best,
Rob