iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dog hair in the house

Started by Don P, January 07, 2020, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

This was our last dog, he was big, sweet and a walking hairball :), I doubt we'll ever get all of his fur out of the house. We saw the truck that dropped him off as a pup roar away. Dropped him off right before a snowstorm, some people >:(. Our gun shy black and tan, who had apparently failed hunting training, ran down and brought him back up to the house.

br>

I don't think Jasmine will be too bad for shedding. Michelle was home today so they had a good time working in the garden and walking around. I'm still too much for her if standing but we're good if I'm laying on the floor, even more so if I have some treats :D.

SawyerTed

This Mitzi, the dog, and Gracie Kate, the cat.  The other dog, Dixie, and two ther cats are somewhere else in the house.  Dog hair and cat hair are a way of life here.  The robot vacuum runs daily and we vacuum with the regular vacuum once a week.

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WDH

Not sure if you noticed, but there is a coyote about to climb onto your stair rail ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WDH on January 12, 2020, 07:52:58 AM
Not sure if you noticed, but there is a coyote about to climb onto your stair rail ;D.
SHHHH! Be vewy, vewy quiet. He is hunting wabbits! (or chickens)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SawyerTed

Well yeah there is a coyote there now that you mention it. She doesn't shed.  It was the first one I harvested and I got it with an Xbow. Coyotes aren't native to NC and I try to reinforce that on the local population frequently.  It is mounted in the position I first saw it chasing a fox squirrel.  At some point I plan to harvest a fox squirrel and complete the scene.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

firefighter ontheside

We refer to it as magic glitter.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

Jasmine is getting ever so slightly more comfortable around me, looks like its been about 12 days so still early. We are fine with me laying on the floor so the back of my sweatshirt is furry. If I am upright she bolts and paces to avoid me. She is fine with Michelle, they can run around and play easily, except no sticks. She is the same around most guys, her previous owner must have been a piece of work.  Very sweet, she's just going to take some time. She did get into a little mischief this week, Michelle brought home a fresh loaf of bread a friend had made. She set it on the counter and went upstairs for a minute, oh yeah :D. Can't blame her, I've had Abby's bread many times musteat_1

samandothers

Quote from: doc henderson on January 08, 2020, 11:40:53 AM
@sawguy21  really... "EVERYWHERE".  have you seen your picture lately?   :)
Ouch!  Rough crowd!   ;D

nativewolf

non shedding dogs is a wonderful experience.  Ours have been rescues but I could not go back to shedding dogs.  In fact our largest is not really a non shedding -it is a komondor so the hair forms dreadlocks we just shave off once or twice a year.  The little one is a 18 year old mutt that is part bichon and has never shed at all.  We don't have hair anywhere but a few clumps from the komondor, too heavy to float around and easy to vac up. 
Liking Walnut

EOTE

I became a dog owner for the first time last April.  Miss Gigi sheds all over the house and barn.  The missus uses a Dyson V11 Torque Drive to vacuum and pick up the hair.  She has to show me every time how much hair she collected.  I keep telling her to save it and we can make a new mattress.  :D

After having her now for nearly a year, I wouldn't have it any other way.  She is a great companion.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Jeff

I vacuumed yesterday morning and dumped the vac. This is today. 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

i think I see a few grey beard hairs in there today.   i lost Quite a few today, shaved my beard today. :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

Quote from: doc henderson on January 22, 2020, 11:41:47 AM
i think I see a few grey beard hairs in there today.   i lost Quite a few today, shaved my beard today. :D
Do you have a before and after shot?
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!

doc henderson

hard to get the snow, the flag, the forestry forum hat, and my mug all In the same selfie!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

Hey, it looks like it took 10 years off your age!  I hope you feel 10 years younger.  ;D

sawguy21

Yeah, who is the young feller? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

great! now they prob. will not let me buy beer at the liquor store!!! :D :D :D my wife says the same and that it takes off about 30 pounds, so I still have about 30 pounds to go!  my wife has never cared much for my beard, but have had one every year since 1980.  mid October till about Jan. 1.  until my son was doing winter camping in boy scouts, and I thought, "why am I shaving this thing off now, it is still cold."  but I got a little early start this year and I am usually ready to shave about now.  I like the Brad Paisley song, I'm gonna miss her!

doc henderson

you are sure being nice @sawguy21  , I figured you would comment on me having less hair!   :) :)  I went and had Frank trim the hair on the top and sides so it would all match after loosing the beard!

EOTE

Don't forget that there will probably be less "dog hair" in the house now. :D :D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!