iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Natural Resources Enterprises Workshop

Started by OneWithWood, August 17, 2009, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

There will be two NRE workshops in Indiana.  One at the Wilkens farm (2008 Tree Farmer of the Year), September 2, and one at the Woodling Farm (2007 Tree Farmer of the Year, 2009 North Central Regional Tree Farm of the Year), September 3.  Both farms feature a band mill and kiln operation.

For registration and detail info go to www.wildlifeworkshop.msstate.edu and click on the link to the events.  The Wilkens property is in Montgomery County and the Woodling property is in Monroe County.

The focus of the workshops is deriving revenue from a natural resource enterprise.  Morning sessions comprise expert advice on business planning, legal structures, liablility insurance, etc. as well as real world examples provided by the owners. The afternoon sessions include tours of the properties and operations.

Early registration is $25.  Day of event registration is $35.  Registration is also available through the county SWCD offices in Montgomery and Monroe counties.
Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and printed materials.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

locustoak

arrrg! I wish these were on a weekend so I could go.

JV

Wife and I are registered, so unless something unusual happens, we'll see you Thursday.  Looking forward to seeing your operation.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

JV

I would like to thank Robert and Linea for hosting the workshop.  Lots of information and things to see.  I still have a lot of reading to do.  Several speakers during the morning with a lot of info to digest including legal issues.  The afternoon included a visit to Linea's greenhouse operation, a look a Robert's bio-fuel setup, a walk to the woods to a clearing, and finally a stop at Robert's sawmill and kiln.  Everyone did a super job including Mississippi State, Purdue, Monroe County staffs, and several others.  Well worth the trip.  Again, thanks.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

locustoak

Does anyone know if they will have that workshop again in the future?  I would have gone, but I had school.

OneWithWood

JV, I am glad you found the workshop worthwhile.  I am sorry I was unable to spend more time with you and your wife - we could've talked for hours  :)

I am sure there will be future NRE workshops locustoak, but I don't know where or when.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!