iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the Onan runnin' again

Started by Chuck White, February 21, 2010, 04:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Last fall I was having trouble keeping the Onan running.
Here's the old thread:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,39793.0.html
Well, I had taken the carb apart, and  cleaned what I dared to, then gave it to a friend
who gave it a thorough cleaning and I got it back about a week ago.
Over the last week or so, I got the carb back on the engine and it still wouldn't run right.
That left the fuel pump.  Pretty simple looking thing, so I took it apart and couldn't see anything wrong,
so I took it to the shop and a friend cleaned it out for me.
He came over today and we got the whole thing back together and now the engine runs like a top Onan again.
Now, maybe I can do something besides sit and wonder what's wrong with the engine.
Thank you guys for your support on this subject.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

We measure "successes" as we get them......even small ones..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

schlep

Quote from: Chuck White on February 21, 2010, 04:57:30 PM
Last fall I was having trouble keeping the Onan running.
Here's the old thread:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,39793.0.html
Well, I had taken the carb apart, and  cleaned what I dared to, then gave it to a friend
who gave it a thorough cleaning and I got it back about a week ago.
Over the last week or so, I got the carb back on the engine and it still wouldn't run right.
That left the fuel pump.  Pretty simple looking thing, so I took it apart and couldn't see anything wrong,
so I took it to the shop and a friend cleaned it out for me.
He came over today and we got the whole thing back together and now the engine runs like a top Onan again.
Now, maybe I can do something besides sit and wonder what's wrong with the engine.
Thank you guys for your support on this subject.

make sure you keep an eye on the oil level for a while. If the pump is drivin off the motor they sometimes leak gas into the crankcase. Just happened to me on my miller welder and had a tough time finding a rebuild kit, found one  on Onan parts.com,  still great motors good luck

Chuck White

Thanks for the tip Schlep.  ;)

Haven't ever noticed a change in oil level!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!