iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This will make things easier

Started by Southside, May 10, 2018, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

My new Riehl edger arrived today, complete with a 25 HP Kohler. We just set it where it is so the infeed table is not set, she will move in the morning. 

No more busted fingers edging on the mill!!

It is beefier than the photos make it appear. 

I did order a set of glue line blades for edging dry lumber which comes out of the kiln, sort of a dual  blade SLR. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

I did spec the Kohler, same engine as on my mill and welder, figured it will help with PM supplies while giving her some serious oomph. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Crossroads

Edger good! Broken fingers bad! Enjoy!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

slider

al glenn

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Edged around 1000 bft of KD oak on it this evening - oh yea, no comparison to doing it the old way.  She is headed to a portable job tomorrow with me - all 1x6 horse fencing, the Kohler is going to be broken in before the weekend is over.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

paul case

We have been putting my reihl steel edger through its paces lately edging some slightly dried 5/4 oak. Mine only has the 13 hp honda and I have killed it in the cut when I had some well used blades and one had 1 tooth knocked off. Post Oak is hard, even when green. I still plan to switch mine over to electric as I have a 15 hp 3 phase motor for the edger. 

Mine is more than a year old. 

If you must take the guard off the bottom so that it isnt constantly plugging up, NEVER get underneath it with even your fingers without shutting it off.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!