iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Cabin Fever chilly chili dinner" get together 2017

Started by yukon cornelius, January 09, 2017, 09:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I forgot to tell about the distance award or take a picture of the prize. In the picture of the door prize table is metal spoon. This is the "Magic Spoon" . it came to live with us for the last year. It was brought to the very first chilly chili by magicman from Mississippi. It was awarded to Trapper for the largest distance traveled for a bowl of chili. Now it will live all the way up in Wisconsin. Will it show up again for a door prize??  :D :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Thanks guys for all the pictures, I missed it again of coarse and I'm not near as far away as Wisconsin  ::).  Glad everyone had a great time, maybe next year I hope!

Magicman

PatD and I really missed not being able to sign the Chilly Chili '17 cookie, but mostly missing the fellowship that is always enjoyed at a FF get-together.  Trapper, you had better hold tight to that "traveling" spoon.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If I had come and NOT won the Popcorn, I would have been really upset. I love me some Popcorn.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

Poston, it is a goat thing. Our goats come running for popcorn too  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sawwood

Huck,Ozarkgem,Kettlecorn,Yukon, Mystery Person

Trapper,Huck,Yukon,Kettlecorn,Ozarkgem,Tom

Trapper,Yukon,Tom

Toms Wife and Trapper Wife

Food Bar

Group Talk

Ladies Group

Yukon checking on the ladies

Kettlecorn,Gunhandle,Tom,Trapper

Trapper, Yukon,Sawwood, showing off our hats

Ladies playing a card game

Group discussion

Enjoying good food

Ozarkgem with his Kettlecorn prize

Yukon and his girls.

Sawwood giving Yukon his gift for planning and having the meeting.

Yukon Family checking out there gift.

Yukon showing the gift.

Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Roxie

Great pictures!  Thank you so much for sharing them.   8)
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: yukon cornelius on March 12, 2017, 03:48:36 PM

You're Baaaaaaaad.  :D

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

trapper

Hope the spoon brings us luck and will try to remember to bring it to the pigroast to bring someone else luck.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

plowboyswr

Third picture down on Sawwood's post has you in it bark beetle.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

BBTom

2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

TKehl

Yukon,

Thanks again for being such a welcoming and generous host!  It was great to put real names, faces, and personalities to forum names.  The conversations and food were both great.  My kids had a blast and are already asking when's the next one.  Two of them were asleep before we even got home.

Had this conversation with my younger daughter:
"Did you have a good time?"
"No!"
"Why not?"
"You said it was time to leave, and I didn't want to."   ;D :D

This kind of event is the exclamation mark on why the Forestry Forum is special!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

kettlekorn

By the way.  According to our advertising motto here at "Rusty's Kettlekorn" , just so you know we say
"It's not just popcorn, it's kettlecorn !"
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

Magicman

Yup, according to this conversation, "popcorn" gives our Goat the runs.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

Sorry to have missed this event in my old home state.  Would have been fun and I could have grabbed the opportunity to visit family in SE Missouri.  We had a couple of family members here in Savannah receiving recognition for religious accomplishments and we couldn't miss those.  Maybe next year.  Thank you for posting this and the pictures.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 13, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
Yup, according to this conversation, "popcorn" gives our Goat the runs.   :o

When it comes to Popcorn....I have reserved seating.  :D

ozarkgem

Yes its Kettle Corn. My grandkids have devoured a lot of it. Still hiding one bag for me. May have to drive over to St James with my auger wagon for a load.Not a popcorn fan but I love kettle corn. Sure was a good meeting. That is the 3rd social event I have been to in the last 6 yrs. A blistering pace not many people can keep up with. Oh yea 2 of them were the chili feeds.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

plowboyswr

Quote from: plowboyswr on March 11, 2017, 08:44:42 PM
Thanks Yukon  we had a good time. Good food and  lots of conversation. Here's a few pictures. 

Truman on left, not sure who that is with his back to the camera, Ozarkgem, and Yukon

Trapper, Sawwood, and Gunhandle

Everyone eating  food3 digin1 digin_2

The kids having fun.

Gunhandle and the ladies

Yukon  and his lovely assistants  8)

Ozarkgem  and his donated and won items. Who knew that he was a popcorn hoarder!  :D :D :D

Would that be you in the first picture here as well? ???

Quote from: BBTom on March 13, 2017, 08:04:57 AM
I am that mystery person. 

I didn't get a face shot of ya so I couldn't figure out who the clothes belonged to! :D :D
I also see that I forgot Kettlecorn hiding in that shot as well!
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

samandothers

Looks like fun was had by one and all.  Thanks to all for sharing the gathering via pictures.

BBTom

I do believe that I was the only one there wearing suspenders.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

trapper

I do believe that I was the only one there wearing suspenders.

Mine were under my vest.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!