iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

crosscut saws

Started by thedeeredude, March 28, 2006, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Is anyone on here a crosscut saw collector/user?  I'm interested in buying an oldy and fixing it up for use and have no idea how to go about it.  Boss, if this is the wrong forum, let me know, but I figured it shouldnt go in the chainsaw forum :D

sawguy21

Funny, I had a customer looking for one on Saturday and they don't seem to be available locally.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

How much they willing to pay ???
I can find tons of them! ;)

junkyard

Most of the old saws around here were cut up to make barn scrapers years ago. The rest have pictures painted on them.
For a new one  http://www.crosscutsaw.com   
                   Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Frank_Pender

Sorry, I do not part with any of my collection of about 30 crosscut and falling saws.
Frank Pender

Jeff

thedeeredude, tell ya what, you show up at the pig roast and I'll give you one out of my collection. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Better jump at that offer!!! ;)

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

thedeeredude

Ok, Jeff, that sounds like a heck of a deal.  But my truck won't make it that far.   If anyone near me has an empty seat on the way up to the roast, PM me, otherwise I'll start biking in June and hopefully get there on time. ;D  Are there any webpages on sharpening and jointing and setting and all that stuff?  thanks

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: Jeff B on March 31, 2006, 11:25:10 PM
thedeeredude, tell ya what, you show up at the pig roast and I'll give you one out of my collection. :)

Don't let him off too easy.  Make him prove that he knows how to use it.  Have him cut you a cord or two of firewood.  ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

thedeeredude

minessota-boy,
   youre asking too much :D  I'll cut a half cord for it  though ;)

leweee

Quote from: thedeeredude on April 01, 2006, 06:17:38 PM
Ok, Are there any webpages on sharpening and jointing and setting and all that stuff?  thanks

Go up one post from were this question was posted and click on the link, then click on" crosscut saw MANUAL" ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Furby

That is a VERY good link Leweee!

Thank You Sponsors!