iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So Where is _ _ _ _ _ _?

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

On my I said out loud!! Take care of her and everything else will catch up or take care of itself. Sounds like she was lucky.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Busy Beaver Lumber

theCfarm

Yes she was very lucky. Will nurse her back to good health and look forward to seeing you all in August.

Fred
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Radar67

Been away for a while myself. Retired from the Army in February 2015, worked as a network engineer at a bank for 3 years and currently back at my old army job as a civilian. I often wonder about a lot of the friends I made here. Really did like seeing Jeff's new buddy (Sawyer). My first Shepherd had the same name. Trying to get back to my woods and back to building, got a new 16 x 40, 2 story building going up. Man this old age is showing in my ability to work hard for any length of time. Health has been good and I have missed talking with many of you out there.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Thanks for stopping by Radar. Glad you are doing well and busy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

We've missed you too Radar! Welcome back.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

Been wondering about you, my friend.  Good to see you back.  Still hanging around Collins?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Good to hear all is well with you!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Wow Terry, what a pleasant surprise this morning to see this.  We always comment when we pass through Collins and wonder where you are??  Are the "Spider Lillie's" growing?

Well, Welcome Home!!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

Spider Lillies are still doing well. Still in Collins for now. Looking to be on my land in Seminary before the year is done.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Magicman

Seminary is on the road to anywhere so we will have to get together.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

Quote from: Magicman on February 26, 2020, 09:40:39 AM
Seminary is on the road to anywhere so we will have to get together.  8)
Or to nowhere. o:) It has been a long time and would be nice to get back together, since we are both travelers.

pineywoods

Hey Radar, good to see you back home..welcome
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Banjo picker

Spider lilies.....😳. I thought they were naked ladies.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Lud

Hey Y'All.
                Been a number of years since I checked in.  Busy as could be with a lot of projects and got out of the habit.
                But with the pandemic and a bad diagnosis a month ago , I believed I should check in and here's the perfect topic to say, "Sorry I was gone so long."  Nice to see names I recall.
                Any changes I should know?  Posting pics evolve by any chance?  

i'll check back in.    The Lud Abides.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Busy Beaver Lumber

Both myself and Mrs. Beaver have not been active on the forum in the past two years because life got in the way, but we sure did miss all of you and am determined to become as active as we once were again. Maybe that is the only good part about this virus, is that it gets you to slow down a bit and have time to keep in contact with those people that matter most in your life like the Foresty Forum Members.

Just a general update: The last three years have been crazy busy for us...some good some bad.

As you may recall, Kristina and I both had Gastric Sleeve Surgeries in the fall of 2018. Mine went very smoothly and i did loose a little over 100 pounds and have kept it off. I also got off  5 insulin shots a day and bp meds. Weight loss wise, Kristina wooped me big time. She went from 319 to 118, but her recovery was a nightmare thanks to excess stomach acid cause by aggrivation of one of our daughters who is always in trouble with the law. She wound up on a feeding tube directly into the heart which became infected due to poor home nurse care and contracted sepsis in April of 2019 that almost killed her and put her in ICU for 2 weeks with months of follow on visits and antibiotics. She no sooner recovered from that , then had a prescription screw up by her former doctors nurse that caused her to have an accidental overdose that once again hospitalized her. Fortunately she survived that as well and now is finally back to good health.

On the positive side, I decided to get my Auctioneer License as a source of income when i retire at age 60. I got the license 4 years ago and we opened Strauss Auctions and Sales, LLC. We purchased a 3500 square foot reception hall and converted it into our Auction house building with months of sweat equity renovations from the top on down. We have been spending a fair amount of time over the last couple years building and promoting that business.

Additionally our firewood business has jumped by leaps and bounds. it literally has doubled in size in the past 2 years and we have become one of the largest wholesalers of DNR approved firewood in Northern Indiana. We current wholesale supply close to 85 stores and campgrounds with their bundled firewood and have hundreds of private individuals that buy directly from us at retail. Honestly i never would have thought we would have done anywhere near as much firewood business as we do. Talk about being in the right place at the right time 

Lastly, and as if we were not busy enough, we decided to add a second 3000 square foot building with two floors to our Auction house property and move the entire sawmill and woodworking operation into that building. Construction began this past Tuesday and once we move in we will sell our smaller 1600 sq ft building we currently operate out of. Will post a separate post on the building as i know you all like pics.

Hope all my forum friends are doing well and are in good Health. Will try my best to catch up with each of you over next few weeks.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

SwampDonkey

Thanks for giving us an update on your goings on. Glad your health has turned around for the better. Good luck with your business ventures. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

scsmith42

Welcome back Lud and Busy Beaver! It's nice to see some familiar names.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you swampdonkey and scsmith42
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Jeff

Pulling executive privilege here.

Has anyone heard from @coxy recently? I get no rrsponse from email, but forestryforum.com emails seem to get lost
 Alot.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

I just noticed this post!

I have Coxy's cell phone number, so I just fired off a text to him, to let him know that people are missing him.

I know some of his family that lives in this area, if I don't get a response to my text, I'll look into it through his family members in my area!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Thank you Chuck. I exausted all my ways of contacting him and have been concerned.

Thank You Sponsors!