iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky advice for a first time buyer

Started by Daren, April 24, 2005, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingforester

I have seen a couple posts referencing Bill's Saw Shop. How can a person get in touch with them? (I need to get a 372 before it's too late  :)

Thanks for the help!

jtmccallum

Here is a link.  www.getsaws.com   Mine is getting shipped out Monday. 8)
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

fishingforester

thanks jt, my order is in  8) 8) 8)

Kirk_Allen

I have a 372 XP and Love it. Couldnt live without.

Next saw would be the 394.

Whats all the rush on the 372?  Did they stop making them?  What are they making to replace them with if they dicontinued that model?

Ironwood

Kirk,

According to my local shop the 372 is going to be replaced with ....I forget a 575 or something. I hate to say it I may NEED another saw! I bought my second 394 when they were switching to a 395.............as I recall my excuse was to get a matched pair for my chainsaw mill. Which by the way it is said mills don't really benefit from 2 powerheads, I DIDNT KNOW THAT! now I am electrifying it anyway. Go figure.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

SawTroll

Quote from: Kirk Allen on May 03, 2005, 05:03:02 PM
Whats all the rush on the 372?  Did they stop making them?  What are they making to replace them with if they dicontinued that model?
As far as I know they will be making them at least a couple of more years.
The issue is that they have stopped distributing them to certain markets ::).
Information collector.

sawguy21

The 55R, 365, and 372XP do not appear in the 2005 catalogue we get yet are available for at least another year. The new saws are shown but we can't get them yet. I sold a 570 then found we won't have them before September. ::) The U.S. market is buying up eveything they can produce. You Yanks just love your new toys (er tools) don't you :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Daren

Well I made up my mind and bought a saw. A Jonsered 2095 turbo, slightly used from a guy I trust. That ought to do it. It is 3-4 years old, but for no more that I will use it it will still be like new for a good while. I am going to tear into a biggish log on the yard in a day or two (when I have milled the little ones under 36" I have stacked up) I will give a report.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

jjmk98k

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Daren

Well I gave the Jonsered a whirl today. As I said in the first post I don't Know much about chainsaws, but I do know I was up to my knees in sawdust in a hurry with the 2095. I have a 32" bar and cut through a 48" red oak in seconds, then 1/4 legthways to 1/4 saw on the band mill in minutes. I would not want to fell trees with it, it has some weight, but for what I am using it for standing and cutting down it is going to work well.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thank You Sponsors!