iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hockey - Red Wings vs Blackhawks in 2nd Winter Classic

Started by Warbird, January 01, 2009, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Anybody else watching this?  Our Wings are kickin' some tail!!  I really like this open rink they set up.  This time, they converted Wrigley field into a hockey arena.  It rocks.  ;D

It is currently 6 - 3, Wings.   8)  8)

WAP Man

Great game and venue. A little more intense than the previous ones.
Wings are a strong team !
Pretty cool seeing Denis Savard. Bobby Hull , Stan Makita and Ernie Banks singing " Take me out to the Hockey Game "
Happy New Year  ;D

Jeff

Not sure its so great a venue to watch in person as it would be at the Joe, but its great on T.V.  I wonder how the players like it?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WAP Man

Quote from: Jeff on January 01, 2009, 06:14:36 PM
Not sure its so great a venue to watch in person as it would be at the Joe, but its great on T.V.  I wonder how the players like it?
I watched on TV and the commetators were saying how the best seats were the upper bowl ones , it did appear that the  spectators were a ways away .
I'm sure the red wing players liked it better than the hawks ..  :D

Warbird

Yeah, it's great for TV but would probably suck to watch in person.  Not being able to see hardly any hockey on broadcast TV is making me want to get satellite.  It's soooo expensive up here, tho.  :(

It was a great game.  The Wings forgot to show up for the first period but they got 'er done.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!