iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw saw speed and pulley size help needed

Started by Jgreen, May 30, 2018, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgreen

I have an old belsaw i have been trying to get going for some time now i finally have it hooked up and turning the tractor a allis chalmers d19 turbo diesel 65 hp from factory is direct hookup now from pto to mandrell. My first question is at full throttle the top of the blade quits wobbling but the bottom still wobbles a little is that good or does it need more rpm to stop blade wobble at bottom to.2nd question i am afraid to run the old tractor wide open like that so i want to add a pulley drive system to speed saw up so i can throttle tractor down some looking at the circle saw manual look like for 70 horse power i need a 15" pulley on tractor pto side would it be ok to put smaller pulley on mandrell like a 12" or 13" or should i go with 18" on pto and like 15" on mandrel to get desired pto.3rd question is 3 belts enough or should i go 4 thanks for any and all help

Gearbox

Do you have your saw guides backed off when looking at the wobble . If so set it almost touching the cant side guide . The off side guide should see an 1/16 air gap stopped . when up to speed air gap should be equal . Jeff may chime in as  I am starting to get a little rusty on some circle mill stuff . Your saw speed needs to be a little above stand up speed so when it slows in the cut it is still within saw speed .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Jgreen

I sure didnt that was with no guide pins in

Don P

Your blade should be hammered for 540 rpm which is standard pto speed, that should not be full throttle, the tractor is designed to put that out all day long. Get a tach on your mandrel to get that under control and have the blade hammered for 540, it sounds like it just needs a little retensioning.

Thank You Sponsors!