iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Excess Glue Removal -- What's your method?

Started by Left Coast Chris, June 24, 2007, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left Coast Chris

Good looking sponge Swamp...

This thread is very helpfull for those of us that have not done alot of finishing. 

Some other factors for the success of the sponge are likely to be the type of wood, type of glue, type of stain or finish, amount of water and what the woodworker feels is acceptable as far as perfection..........eh?   :) :)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

SwampDonkey

On my butternut projects last winter I damp sponged and sanded 2 or 3 times. I never seen any stains and I would think it is similar to walnut, except lighter in weight and color. You guys seen about every square inch in the pictures. I had clue squeeze on about every joint, but I sponged it up and it didn't dry into the grain. There are some woods like osage and mulberry maybe that the heart extractives might dissolve and  run into the sap making a stain I suppose. ;) It's one or the other or both that will dissolve in water and color the water. I forget some of this wood tech stuff.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Lepages Carpenter's glue, holds 1000 lbs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!