iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK so what is this?

Started by kkcomp, May 31, 2023, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkcomp

Out exploring my land I saw this massive tree. It measured almost 42 inches about 5 feet off the ground and is at least 70 to 80 feet tall. Very straight for something that size but I could not see it's leaves due to the canopy of other trees. Took a picture of the bark and picture this calls it Ash, Google says Cherry Bark Oak and Plant ID says Water Oak. Maybe the confusion is because of focus. Any thoughts? 

Why is there never time to do it right but always time to do it over?
Rework is the bane of my existence
Norwood HD38 Kubota B3300HSU Honda Rancher many Stihl and Echo saws, JCB 1400b Backhoe

Southside

I am confused by the fact you have a side hill in Florida.   ;D  Is that a leaf sprouting on the side of the trunk? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kkcomp

It is in Tennessee. I only live in Florida until I can retire from the job. The leaf is another tree
Why is there never time to do it right but always time to do it over?
Rework is the bane of my existence
Norwood HD38 Kubota B3300HSU Honda Rancher many Stihl and Echo saws, JCB 1400b Backhoe

moodnacreek

I have to id saw logs by the bark and end grain and they are local. To id a tree by the bark alone and from all over the country is asking too much sometimes. So, ok, where are the leaves, twigs and maybe fruit?

Don P

Look under it for cucumbertree fruit.
That leaf is large and I guess it would be wide lanceolate

Otis1

Basswood maybe? I don't know if you've got those in TN

Thank You Sponsors!