iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lift table

Started by xlogger, October 19, 2020, 06:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Quote from: YellowHammer on December 07, 2020, 11:55:33 AM
I have two of the HF lift tables and highly recommend them.
The handles are dead in the way, so we take them off and put a simple handle on the hydraulic release cable and that's about it.

The only thing I don't like about the HF lifts tables is that the wheel brakes aren't very effective and they allow the table to swivel a little even when they are applied, so lets them move when I don't want them to move.  I would prefer a table with a single step down rubber foot brake that freezes the entire end of the table, not just the wheels.

That being said, if one broke today, I'd have a new one in the shop tomorrow.  

Somewhere under this little bitty stack of wood is one of our HF lift tables.  Unlike in this photo, sometimes I really overload them. :D :D :D

Robert just pickup my table this week. Waiting on sale finally only got 10% off. If you get a chance could you get a pic of how you did your handle. Thanks
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

doc henderson

I tried to get one a few months back. they said they were out of stock and could not get them.  and yes, they said they did away with a 20% off coupon.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

farmfromkansas

That sucks about the coupon, sign of things to come.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Al_Smith

Quote from: Al_Smith on November 02, 2020, 10:00:03 AM
I've got a table I made from a hospital gurney .It's got foot operated hydraulics .I can use it for my table saw, planer or radial arm .Auction find among other things .I have no idea what the lift capacity might be but at least a couple hundred pounds .
This goes back a few months .It just so happens I've been doing work on my rental house and that's where the lift table was .I just used it to stain and varnish a couple pieces of trim and a bi-fold door .It's pretty neat ,has foot operated hydraulics and can raise each end separately  or both at the same time .All four caster wheels lock also .it's heavy enough it won't roll away on its own The top came from a pool table

Larry

Quote from: xlogger on March 04, 2021, 07:06:06 AMRobert just pickup my table this week. Waiting on sale finally only got 10% off. If you get a chance could you get a pic of how you did your handle. Thanks
@yellowhammer I'm another one who would like to see how you did the handle. 

The tables have been out of stock locally, but they just got a new supply in today so I picked up the 1,000 pound table.  Already thinking about how I want to modify it.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

YellowHammer

I'll take a photo but it's nothing fancy.  Take the handle completely off, take the foot pedal lever off with just the stub remaining and then all that it left is the bare cable.  I attach the end of the cable to a handle, a piece of steel, wood anything and toss it under the table or let it drag on the floor.  

To raise the table, I pump up the stub with my foot like normal, and to lower the table, just grab the handle on the end of the cable and pull.  

It's amazing how useful these are, I just wish the brakes worked better.  I was using them today to match the height of my planer and feed wood.  Or to stack wood from the rip saw, or even as a portable workbench.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!