iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2020 ??

Started by Magicman, January 01, 2020, 07:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

@EOTE, I really like your drying house.  What are your plans for it when you've used up all the dried wood in it ?
Dave Rinker

Peter Drouin

Started at 8° today at 7 am Did some stuff when it got to 14° I fired up the WM 
Had an order of 6"x6"x3' a 100 or so. all R OAK.
All the side lumber turned into grade stakes 4' and 6'

Have 300 2x2x5' fence post to get out too.

And to make it all fun the CAT trans is making steel filing in the hidro oil.
So bad it has to go back to cat for a new trans. What do you think that will cost? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All in all a good day at A&P Saw Mill. Can't wait till spring to run the hot rod.

Will pass anything but a gaspump.  :D :D ;D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

I finished my first of the year sawing job this afternoon with a surprise when I calculated the bf.

The customer skidding the last Cypress logs to the sawmill.

My Tailgunners.  Two very hard working students.  Notice the thumbs up!

A twelve foot 12"x22" cant ready for the saw through and I was reminded that I also needed to give the thumbs up.  The customer counted 120 growth rings on that Cypress.  26° this morning which froze the moist sawdust inside of the sawdust chute and promptly clogged it.  :-X

All of the Cypress stickered.

All of the Red Oak stickered.  All of the lumber will soon be trailered to the customer's home ~75 miles away.

And then he skidded this White Oak log up to be sawed.  The heart was solid and made some amazing 1¼"X 12"'s.

OK, the surprise on the bf count?  2020.76bf sawed on my first job in year 2020.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Are you serious about the .76 too?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Quote from: EOTE on January 21, 2020, 08:40:25 AMMagicman, what blades do you use on your WM ?
Wood-Mizer Turbo 7°.

Yup Southside, there was a .76 but I don't do decimals nor cents when calculating bf and invoices.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Peter,
Sorry to hear about the trans on the Cat
That might hurt the wallet
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

I wasn't so much thinking about the billing, but the age coincidence there too. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Wow, that one blew over my head !!  :o  That is so much coincidence that "no more sawing for me this week".  no_no

Actually I should be much better by morning because PatD had Eggs, Grits, Bacon, Toast, and Jelly fixed for me when I got home.   food3  That woman knows that she loves her man!  smiley_love

EOTE

Quote from: Dakota on January 21, 2020, 10:48:06 AM
@EOTE, I really like your drying house.  What are your plans for it when you've used up all the dried wood in it ?
My long term plans for the drying house is to close off the south end (roughly 10' x 20') to use as storage for all my hardwoods - for projects etc...  The North end will continue to be a drying house and I may store a couple of my trailers in it when it is empty.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 21, 2020, 08:24:45 PM
Peter,
Sorry to hear about the trans on the Cat
That might hurt the wallet

I know It will not help will all the Kilns going in. I'm using John to move things around. He can't pick up what the cat can.
Sucks.

Magicman you should buy a lottery ticket. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Quote from: EOTE on January 21, 2020, 10:18:39 PMI may store a couple of my trailers in it when it is empty.
Empty?  Good luck with that ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

btulloh

Quote from: WDH on January 22, 2020, 07:26:09 AM
Quote from: EOTE on January 21, 2020, 10:18:39 PMI may store a couple of my trailers in it when it is empty.
Empty?  Good luck with that ;D.
An empty shed is a pretty rare thing.  Don't think I've ever seen such a thing.  :D
HM126

busenitzcww

Not milling per say but I was sawing! Tree service guy called me and said he didn't know what to do with this one but didn't want to take it to the landfill! Got several good sized burls off it 8) 

661 w/ 36" bar for size

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

terrifictimbersllc

At first thought that first pic was a Kansas forest from 20000 ft.  :new_year:
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

doc henderson

they tend to be in a line, since they follow the creeks or along the roads as windbreaks. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Darrel

Quote from: btulloh on January 22, 2020, 08:25:49 AM
Quote from: WDH on January 22, 2020, 07:26:09 AM
Empty?  Good luck with that ;D.
An empty shed is a pretty rare thing.  Don't think I've ever seen such a thing.  :D
I have a shed that I built with the help of my son and I've never seen it empty. It had stuff in it before the roof was on. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

trimguy

Empty shed?? Hhhmm, I thought they were never big enough. ;D ;D

EOTE

Quote from: trimguy on January 22, 2020, 09:59:43 PM
Empty shed?? Hhhmm, I thought they were never big enough. ;D ;D
That was kind of a dumb answer I gave, come to think of it.  I guess I'll start planning an "equipment" shed for my implements and trailers. :)
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tule peak timber

Coastal live oak today, complete with nails.....

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

stihlsawer

Trever Jones
Stihl 076 Super, 034, MS 260 PRO, MS 192T
Dolmar 116si
GB 44" lumber mill, Mini mill, Beam machine

Raym

Will be sawing these beauties next week. Customer dropped them off yesterday. Not sure of his cut list yet but should be some pretty lumber. 75 rings

'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

stihlsawer

Trever Jones
Stihl 076 Super, 034, MS 260 PRO, MS 192T
Dolmar 116si
GB 44" lumber mill, Mini mill, Beam machine

doc henderson

cut a few ERC logs for a COO at the local clinic.  he wants to make cheese boards, so live edge and 1.5 inches thick.  he liked my crane that I lifted the logs from the back of His truck and put one on the mill.

his wife's plan is to make 20 or so for next thanksgiving.  we got 8 nice live edge 1.5" thick pieces 8 feet long.
did not photo the wood, but nicely framed heartwood, sapwood and bark.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!