iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for TK owners.

Started by Ga Mtn Man, April 09, 2012, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

On the TK2000 and I assume other models, what's the purpose of the vertical piece coming off of the adjustable guide roller assembly and going up to the carriage structure?  It just rattles around and doesn't seem to serve any purpose.  On the 1600 it has a T-handle attached to it and is used to set the position of the guide roller.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ga Mtn Man

You guys aren't really going to make me have to figure this out on my own, are you? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Tom the Sawyer

I don't know about the TK2000 but on the B-20 it is the support structure for the adjustable guide roller and the t-handle is how you lock in the adjustment - it should never rattle.  On the TK2000 I thought they replaced that with an electrically driven motor to adjust the guide roller.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Ga Mtn Man

The TK2000 does have the electrically driven adjustable guide roller.  This piece is the same (as best I can recollect) as on the 1600, only without the T-handle.  It has a bolt in place of the T-handle that is locked in place just loose enough to allow the assembly to slide back and forth.

ladylake

Maybe keeps the guide in the upright position,  I'll have my brothers 2000 up here in a week, got some big ugly natural edge slabs to saw again which the 2000 does good.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Larry

The vertical bar keeps the round horizontal bar from rotating in the bearings.  It looks like the two bolts in the top of the vertical bar could be used to adjust the tilt of the guide roller.

Just a guess on my part as I have never had any need to adjust it.  Never thought to ask TK either but I might do that next time I talk with one of the maint. guys.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ga Mtn Man

Thanks guys.  That's what I was thinking it was but the looseness required to allow it to slide made me wonder.  It seems to me that even a small amount of movement (tilt) allowed in the guide roller would effect the cut. 

ladylake

Paul   Are you running 1/4" down pressure on your blade.  Seems like the down pressure would keep a little tension on that piece a keep it from rattling.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Checked the blade for downward deflection from the guide rollers...there was none.  Decided I better go through the blade alignment procedure to see what else might be off.  The saw head was 3/16" high on one side!  Fixed that, spent quite a bit of time adjusting the rollers .  Rattle gone, cutting great.  smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!