Backroom Bargains

Started by Tam-i-am, February 24, 2021, 12:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

We sometimes get tools back from our powder coater with blemishes or we encounter a manufacturing mistake that can be fixed but is not cosmetically acceptable.  We have always sold them to walk-in customers or FF members who were aware these items existed.  

We have decided to post them every Wednesday on our Facebook and Instagram pages.

We have also decided to sell items we have decided to no longer carry.  Whether that be a color or style of RiteLeg leg that we are no longer going to stock or other items we have sold like straps/slings, Truck claws, etc

All items are either being discontinued or tools may be blemished but nothing that would change their performance so all warranties still apply.

So if you want to check out this weeks Backroom Bargain follow this link to our Facebook page  https://m.facebook.com/LogRite/

While you are there remember to like our page.  ;)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

gspren

For us that don't do Facebook is there another way to see whats listed?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Tam-i-am

I think she also posts it on Instgram.

You can call.

This week she posted a 60" cant hook and a log stand.

Erik A

Not in the habit of going on social anything but this site!! Hopefully there is an alternate way to find out about the specials !

Tam-i-am

We have always offered scratch and dents to FF members if the called and identified themselves as members.  

Facebook is just the way the new young girl in the office has chosen to move them.

logriteofficial

Hello All!

We have a Logrite Tools backroom bargain that is still available that I wanted to make available to the Forestry Forum members that may not have social media. The 60" peavey and universal log stand are being offered at 15% off retail due to cosmetic imperfections. The use of the tools are not impacted by the small cosmetic blemishes. We only have ONE SET available- you can call 800-631-4791 x1 to order this set of tools.

Also, don't forget tomorrow is Wednesday so we will be posting a new backroom bargain on our Facebook and Instagram pages! ;D
Originators of aluminum handled logging and woodworking tools - Home - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC
Get Stuff Moving! - Home - Bluecreeper.com - Blue Creeper
We've got legs for your wood! - Home - Rite

logriteofficial

In case you missed this week's Backroom Bargains post on our social media pages we featured two factory second Logrite Tools. We have a 42" Cant Hook and a 30" Hookaroon that we are offering for 15% off retail due to the cosmetic blemishes. The use of the tools are not impacted by these small flaws. We only have one of each available! If you are interested you can call 800-631-4791 x1 to place your order.
Originators of aluminum handled logging and woodworking tools - Home - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC

logriteofficial

Good Morning!

I noticed a few members looking for Cant Hooks recently and we have a few 60" factory second Cant Hooks available right now! This tool is being offered at 15% off retail due to cosmetic imperfections. The use of the tool is not impacted by the small cosmetic blemishes. All bargain posts are FINAL SALE.

You can call 800-631-4791 x1 to place your order.

Old Greenhorn

@Tam-i-am I have a question, and I guess this thread is as good as any. As you know, many of us here on the FF are big fans of LogRite, Rite Leg, and Blue creeper products and do our best to share our positive experiences and love using the stuff you make. I am wondering why it is, when we place an order we can't add a LogRite hat or t-shirt to our order? you folks have a fine looking bunch of logo's which would look great on a shirt or hat and a decent quality work hat is something we could all use.
 Just asking, food for thought maybe?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tam-i-am

We used to have T-shirts, gloves and bottle openers on our webstore.   No one ever bought them so I stopped doing it.  The tab is still there and you can find bottle openers.  Gloves are on a different tab.   Wildflower loves our gloves!  Not counting Wildflower's gloves, I'm lucky if I sell 10 pair a year.  Same with the bottle openers.  T-shirts also have the added problem of carrying a lot of inventory to accommodate all the sizes. 

Just for Fun - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC

More Tools for your lumber, log and firewood moving needs - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC

Well it comes down to money.  We try to run as lean as possible to keep our prices as low as we can.  Therefore we do not have huge budgets for advertising.  As a matter of fact the Forestry forum is the only place we advertise.  We support the forum because Kevin was a sawyer and a member before we started Logrite.  As soon as we had money in the budget we started to sponsor the forum and have been ever since.  We have come to know several members who are like family.  Jeff calls me his sister. :)

We appreciate all of the good will advertising.
Thank you
Tammy

Old Greenhorn

Well of course that makes sense and you gave a better explanation that I deserved. I should have realized you either tried this already, or thought it through. BUT, it never hurts to ask. If you guys ever do something special and wind up doing some shirts or hats as part of it, I hope I don't miss the announcement.
 I need to get some shirts made for my business when I am out in public (they don't allow that too often) but I have been dragging my feet just for the reasons you mention and the fact that I don't sell shirts. It's an expense and their never seems to be any 'extra' money for it.
 I thought you were Jeff's sister! Well, close enough. Hope to meet you at the pig roast.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

VB-Milling

I guess I bought one fifth of the gloves sold at Logrite in one year LOL  8)

I read somebody on FF liked them so I figured I'd give them a try as I was getting a cant hook anyways.

If a dusty bottle opener, hat, or XXXL tshirt accidentally falls into my shipping box, I'll be sure not to complain  :D :D
HM126

logriteofficial

Friday the 13th Backroom Bargains! We have a few factory second 48" Cant Hooks and Peaveys available for 20% off today! You must call 800-631-4791 x1 to place an order for one of these tools - these are not available on our online store.

** The use of the tool is not impacted by the small cosmetic blemishes. Tools may vary in color. All items will be FINAL SALE. **

Seachaser

Any new deals? Just got my first log rite pickeroon. 

Tam-i-am

Seachaser

there are a couple things in the back closet.

Give Shaina a call.  800-631-4791 x1

Tammy

Okrafarmer

Now I feel curious about those truck claws..... :huh?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Old Greenhorn

Man, that was nearly 3 years ago. I had to go back a long way in this thread to even figure out what you were talking about, but now I also have no idea what a truck claw is either. I have been in the backroom (private tour, Shaina and I are business buddy's and she's ben very helpful) and bought some stuff out of there, but I saw nothing that looked like a truck claw, that is, if I knew what one looked like.
 Ok @Tam-i-am , what the heck is a truck claw and do I need one? I don't have any pending projects that would allow me to justify a 5 hour round trip over to Logrite, but now I am curious. Yeah I know, the open house is coming, but I have to keep expenses as low as possible this year for several reasons.

thecfarm

Kinda like a tater digger to get stuff out of the back of a truck without climbing up into the bed?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

I don't think Logrite has any truck claws left, but I did some research, and I think what it MIGHT be, is a device that clamps on outside a drive wheel tire to act as a cleat when you're stuck in the snow, ice, mud, etc., and give you temporary traction until you get past the bad spot.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Old Greenhorn

Yes, I have it on very good authority that you are in fact correct. I did not know that LogRite ever carried these.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 12, 2024, 08:37:25 AMYes, I have it on very good authority that you are in fact correct. I did not know that LogRite ever carried these.
We no longer carry them.  That's why the few we had left were in the backroom bargains.  And Shaina doesn't work here any more.  She got married and took a position at UConn.

However, I have quite a few tools in there right now.  Most are shorter, a few millspecials and 2 XPV060 and an XCH060.

Old Greenhorn

Sorry to hear Shaina has moved on, she was an asset. I wish her the best in the future. She never sold me stuff I didn't need, but she did sell me stuff I didn't know I needed. ffcheesy
 Mostly I am on the lookout for bench legs I can use on demo benches, I like having one to show with Ritelegs so clients can see the quality and weight. I sold the last demo bench I made back in the fall and am now out. Those legs were a discontinued color with a few very small nicks.

beenthere

OGH
Suggest just buying a set of legs and when/if the demo bench sells, just say the legs don't go with the bench or add the cost of the legs and order a new set of legs. Everyone wins that way.  ffcool
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Old Greenhorn

Well, that sounds simple but... I run a shoestring business and don't always have the cash available for speculation. I had that bench for over a year before it sold, that is some carrying time for quality expensive legs and that sale cash went into other more urgent things, like taxes. :veryangry: Also leg shipping is expensive because they are heavy, so I get mine when I visit and can look at them and decide if I have suitable wood. It helps me keep the cost down. Adding $50 or more for shipping can make a difference in whether it sells or not. That's just the economics of it.

Nobody will buy a bench without legs. I do explain to buyers that I can change them out for a different color and style because the bolt pattern is consistent on RiteLegs. But most folks want 'cash and carry'. As it is, I already have one set of their picnic bench legs taking up shop space waiting for an order. Last time I bought those, I got two sets and picked them up at an open house along with a bunch of other stuff.

This arrangement makes a built in excuse for going to the open house and see folks. Maybe someday I'll ask if I can get a booth at the open house. ffcheesy

beenthere

OG
Didn't realize things were quite so tough. Sorry for that, will pray for you.  :thumbsup:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others