iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Searching for Bigfoot in WV

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 04, 2023, 12:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

We got pictures of my wife, me, our daughter and the 2 grandkids today in front of some Forsythia in the front yard. I hope to send a copy of it to my SIL who is real good with computer/video editing and see if he can't have a Bigfoot or two photobomb us with his face in the bushes behind us then I can show the grandkids.

My daughter and SIL got married at Glacier Nat'l Park in Montana and he edited a picture to show a big grizzly chasing them in their wedding attire. My now 11 y/o local GD was about 3-4 y/o at the time and she saw the picture and was convinced the bear almost caught her Aunt Sharon. I told her the only way they escaped was that it was a female grizzly and my daughter tossed her bouquet over her head and the bear stopped to catch it and that allowed them to escape.

I am sure my SIL can do a good job convincing the kids Bigfoot was hiding right behind them here in our yard. ;D 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Wlmedley

Good for you Howard,you gave those kids something that they will never forget.Childhood memories are probably some of the most valuable things we possess.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

WV Sawmiller

They are certainly very fond memories for me. Time spent with kids is absolutely priceless. :) :) :)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Now we have actual photographic proof! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Howard Green

Texas Ranger

We have a group in SE Texas that "hunts" them.  I have spent 50+ years on my hind legs in the woods here.  Seen bear, cougar, civet cats and river otter when they aren't supposed to be here, but no bigfoot, other than some back woods barefoot boys. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

WV Sawmiller

We just did a video call to our daughter and her kids and she showed them the picture and our GS is so excited now. He went and got his hair he collected from the barn and held it up to the picture and confirmed it is exactly the same color so he is certain it was there and we did not know it. He asked if it was in the other pictures and we told him no but we are pretty certain the flash must have scared him off. Our GD says she remembers smelling something funny and now she knows what it was.

Our daughter was having a blast at their reactions. Now they want to print a copy to go show their friends.
Howard Green

thecfarm

Oh my!!
The hair and the smell is funny!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Photographic proof that they exist! Question though- Why were you standing off by yourself in the bushes during the picture?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

QuoteOur GD says she remembers smelling something funny and now she knows what it was.
What did Bigfoot eat for lunch?  :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

WV Sawmiller

The kids and my daughter are now working with 3 theories:

1. Bigfoot is real and we have a picture of him (Most likely true)
2. Something was wrong with Grandma's camera which she had just gotten back from the shop (Possible but a pretty remote chance)
3. Somebody doctored and changed the picture (Highly unlikely  :D)

They asked for the other pictures we took before and after this one to see if he shows up in them. (Pretty savvy idea for a 4 and a 6 y/o IMHO)

They are going to have to send the photo to a "Photo analyst" to be verified as well as sending the hair out for DNA analysis. ;)

I just wish I had a picture of my GS eyes/face when he first saw the picture. It was priceless. :)
Howard Green

beenthere

Sure that isn't Jeff?  :D :D 8)

Need more theories.. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

On the way home from my first sawing job this afternoon I passed the house of our daughter's best friend who took the picture. She was out in the yard so I stopped and showed her and asked her why she did not say something when she took the picture. She said she was so busy with the unfamiliar camera she just did not notice she was getting photobombed. :D
Howard Green

beenthere

Looks like the real bigfoot. Parts his/her hair the same. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

I was thinking it was Jeff too. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

I hear a woodshed calling a couple of members. :D :D
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!