iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taste Buds

Started by Tony, May 16, 2020, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Been gone awhile. I have always gotten advice and questions answered here @ the FF.  My subject today has nothing to do with sawing, even though I wish it was a sawing question. I started on a journey before Thanksgiving 2019 of 6 chemo treatments and 35 radiation treatments for throat cancer. After losing 45 lbs and all my strength, I am on the mend, (just now getting to where I can crank the 461 again with the "easy crank button" pushed) thanks to the prayers of family and many friends. All my tests so far have come back negative.                              
   Along with some hair, the treatments zapped my taste buds and salivary glands. The Dr said this is normal and yes they will eventually return. Have any of "us" experienced this or know someone who has. If so how long did it take for the buds and glands to return? Yes, I have some taste buds, but they are the "bad" ones. Everything right now taste like a green persimmon :( :o!!  I'm really missing my weekly BBQ ribs :o.    Thanks,
                                            Tony 8) 8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Magicman

Welcome back Tony.  After chemo, my Brother could/would only eat unsalted food.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

After my cell transplant for multiple meyloma I lost some of my taste buds and couldn't eat anything with salt on it but I did recover them after about 5 months. The no salt lasted for a yr. I didn't receive radiation, so I think that will be roughed on you. I'm on a chemo pill 14 out of 28 days to keep the cancer at bay, and when I'm on it everything taste different during the meds but come back to normal couple days later.
 I hope you stay cancer free 8). Having to live with it sucks :( >:(.
Ed K

Bricklayer51

I will be doing my fifth round of chemo next week everything has a metal taste to it like you have a washer or a penny in your mouth your right Ed it sucks

Thank You Sponsors!