iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee Replacement...Now Shoulder Surgery

Started by Magicman, October 15, 2019, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Not been on since last weekend so a bit slow on the well wishes.  I hope the pain eases soon and  the drugs are good!  

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

realzed

Quote from: Magicman on February 21, 2020, 10:27:54 PM
Quote from: MikeZ on February 21, 2020, 09:35:58 PMAmazing how you take things for granted till that function is not there.
I've wizzed but I ain't wiped yet!!   :o
I surely can relate... amazing just how hard some of the simplest things can suddenly turn out to be when the other not normally used appendages have to get called into action..  Actually even getting 'positioned' properly can be quite challenging in and of itself.. ask me how I know ;D :o..
Given enough time and practice - you may be able to refer to yourself as ambidextrous - but possibly just not able to share your stories in mixed company!
Get well and heal fast..
Randy

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Chuck White

Wishing you well, Lynn!

I'm kinda thinking I'll be doing the shoulder thing in the not to distant future!

Don't quite understand though, I'm right handed and the shoulder that's always given me troubles is the left!

I had a deep "image guided" injection done for the Bursitis on Jan 8th, so it's better for now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

When I saw the pictures the first thing that came to my mind was the old adage about a one armed man in a paper hanging contest. (Sorry - but true). When I watched the video I concluded you were still full of happy juice. I had my gall bladder and a cyst taken off my kidney in Dubai and called home and the family concluded I was still whacky at the time. I hope it all heals up soon and you make a 120% recovery.,

My wife was attacked by our "pet" bottle raised billy goat many years ago and he dislocated her shoulder to the point she finally had to have screws put in. She survived better than the goat ultimately did. Get well soon. I hope you drive an automatic.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rjwoelk

Had a Ram do that to me once, next time he got a pail of water in the face, solved that problem. :D
 Happy recovery MM.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Actually I am having a good day but I hadta catch up on my sleep this afternoon.  I believe that the pain med was keeping me awake.  I have no pain so I haven't taken anything other than Aleve since 10:00 last night.  Removed the bandage and put Band-aids on 4 places.  Gonna be boring for the next week cause the sling hasta stay and I can't do anything.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

Quote from: Chuck White on February 22, 2020, 03:31:39 PM
Wishing you well, Lynn!

I'm kinda thinking I'll be doing the shoulder thing in the not to distant future!

Don't quite understand though, I'm right handed and the shoulder that's always given me troubles is the left!

I had a deep "image guided" injection done for the Bursitis on Jan 8th, so it's better for now!
Notice which arm is holdin da beam up while you're pecking away at it :).
Grab Z's whenever you can MM, there will be a few of "those" nights.

btulloh

Quote from: Magicman on February 23, 2020, 05:01:36 PM
Actually I am having a good day but I hadta catch up on my sleep this afternoon.  I believe that the pain med was keeping me awake.  I have no pain so I haven't taken anything other than Aleve since 10:00 last night.  Removed the bandage and put Band-aids on 4 places.  Gonna be boring for the next week cause the sling hasta stay and I can't do anything.
MM, the pain med is for boredom, not actually for pain.   :D :D
HM126

Jeff

All I know is, that in those first few days you don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of the pain meds. You may feel fine. Wait until you flinch, or bump your arm. Stay on the pain meds unless the side effects are worse than pain.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MikeZ

Yessiree Jeff. I am amazed at the finesse it takes to move with out shoulder wanting to SCREAM  :o. Today I am 10 days out after replacement, no pills today other than couple Ibuprofen but still experience pulling and burning when I forget arm STAYS IN THE SLING. Gotta suck it up buttercup!  :)
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

RichTired

Wishing you a speedy recovery Lynn. Just don't get hook on those TV soap operas!  :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

bwstout

glad everything went well for you I can understand about the left not knowing what the right does ;D hardest thing I had to learn was trying to shave and brush my teeth after 6 weeks the right can now shave and brush but no wiping. whishing you a speed recovery 
home built mill

Raider Bill

That's a mighty fine sling. Mine is not much better than a triangle bandage.
Started all the bikes up yesterday except the kick starts. Just couldn't seem to get the right drip.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

EOTE

MM, I hope you are a lefty.  Learning to do things with the opposite hand is challenging.  I am a lefty and broke my wrist slipping in the shower about 15 years ago.  I had to learn to do everything with my right hand.  Either way, heal quick and smile at life.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Ljohnsaw

Hmm, well the pre-op PT you did for you knee sure helped out.  Maybe the doc should have recommended pre-op PT for your left arm to practice wiping! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

RichTired

Magic, just have your family or your friendly plumber install this device and it will solve your "wiping" issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkygRaqJLek
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

btulloh

That looks like it would be a good replacement for the seat on the sawmill too.   :D :D

Quite the contraption there.  A lot easier than installing a separate bidet.  No need to hook up to the hot water line either.  A blast of good cold water could be quite stimulating.  So I hear.  :o
HM126

Raider Bill

My GF bought one of those for me. I laughed told her I don't need it as I've been practicing.
It went back to Amazon.
Take the opiods enough and all you'd need was a brick masons trowel.

petefrom bearswamp

Or as the constipated mathematician did work it out with a pencil
Those opiods can really stop u up.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

I probably went through a 50 pound bag of metimucil and 2 bottles of Magnesium citrate pills.

Magicman

I suppose that my limiting/stopping the pain meds has paid off because the "train has left the station".  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

amen brother!  yes I heard the math guy used a slide ruler to work it out, now it is prob. a smart phone... better get the warranty! :D 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!