Sponsors:

Who has a Concealed Carry??

Started by pappy19, November 27, 2008, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

I have a problem concealing as well so I just hang this one from my neck ... :D

-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Texas Ranger

Patty, in more enlightened states one may carry concealed in a car, without the carry permit.  It is considered an extension of your home.

God bless Texas!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

chevytaHOE5674

I carry everyday be it open or concealed. When people ask me why I just simple say "because its my right". I refuse to shop at businesses that have "no firearms" signs posted, and try not to go places that carry is restricted.

Shotgun

I carry often.  One needs to carry often enough to really get used to it.  I agree, I carry because I can and I consider it to be my duty.  Those who ask "why" will never understand. All police officers that I have talked to about a CPL (concealed pistol license) here in Michigan, don't have a problem with it. Although, I'm sure that there are some who do. Michigan law requires that you reveal immediately to the officer anytime that you are stopped by a police or conservation officer that you are carrying under a CPL, and the only encounter that I've had in the 9 years that I have carried, payed it absolutely no heed. Glad that you gals, and others, are getting training and getting your licenses/permits.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Norm

Chevy the question was asked at the class about the no firearms signs. The answer is that each state has laws about where they are and aren't permitted. For us it is schools and federal properties and a small handful of other places. The sign has no legal backing, they can ask you to leave which if you do not it is considered a no trespassing issue.

TR we were told that some states allow this, Iowa does not.

Warren

Schools, court houses, bars and banks are CCDW "No No's" in KY.  Apart from these places, in KY if a CCDW holder violates the "No Firearms" sign, AND they are asked to leave, AND they refuse to leave, the maximum penalty is a $25 misdemeanor fine.

I agree with letting the neighbors and Ner-Do-Wells think I am crazy.  Before I started sawing, I used to burn up a couple thousand rounds per year on my range.  Everything frm .22 to .375H&H.  The sound of 8 rounds from a .45 acp smacking steel plates in rapid succession travels a good distance out in the country.  I am quite happy to let everyone think I am a gun nut...

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

WH_Conley

All it took was 2 shots one night with the right audience to get word out that the crazy guy down under the will kill you. No prowlers or gas thieves since.
Bill

Raider Bill

Quote from: WH_Conley on June 19, 2010, 05:50:58 PM
All it took was 2 shots one night with the right audience to get word out that the crazy guy down under the will kill you. No prowlers or gas thieves since.
:D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

Norm and Patty, congrats on going for your CCW permits.  Laureen and I both have them (I'm a 20 year holder in two different states), and I strongly believe in them.

The best explanation that I've come up with regarding concealed carry is to compare it to having a spare tire in your car.  If my car did not come with one, I would buy one.  Why?  Because I would like to have the option to use it in the event that I need it.  That does not mean that I won't call for assistance, it does not mean that I am "looking for a flat tire", it simply means that I recognize that a time may come (and I hope that it doesn't) where I may need it, and I'd like to have options.

Remember one thing - a spare tire back in the barn doesn't do you any good if you have a flat tire somewhere else.  Same thing with concealed carry.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

LOGDOG

I think my wife and I are both going to get our concealed carry permits. I carry a loaded gun in my truck wherever I go. Here, your vehicle is an extension of your home. While out on the property I always have a pistol on my side and possibly a shotgun in hand for snakes mostly but I have had a few face to face incidents when I first bought this place. They told me that they'd been hunting my place all their life and 4 wheeling back there and I wasn't going to stop them. That's where they were wrong. Most of them got the message and disappeared.

My neighbor is a doctor but is in the Reserves as well. He goes out and shoots on the weekend into the side of his pond levee. He'll shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds to stay sharp for when he goes oversees. It's annoying yes. But I realize that I'd want the same freedom to do so on my place without taking flack for it so I never complain. Plus they're clients of mine.  ;D I may just call up his wife and ask her, "Well, is the guy on the paper target dead yet?" ...she laughs. The only thing I have trouble with is that they start at like 6:30 in the morning on the weekends. ::) I kind of like to sleep in a little on Saturdays.

What's that bumper sticker say? "If they outlaw guns then only Outlaws will have guns." I think people need to stand up for their right to own and carry firearms. The alternative above is downright scary.

Magicman

Quote from: Norm on June 19, 2010, 09:54:13 AM
Will I carry a gun come January 2011? Most likely not but it's nice to know I can if needed.  

Good answer.  I've had mine for 10 years and Pat has had hers for 5.  I may not be carrying, but it is never very far away.  It's our option.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

indiaxman1

In my rural area, everyone hunts....gun range mile away...never felt needed handgun until a deep woods confrontation with drunk horsefolks...swore it wouldn't happen again....reputation for being slightly deranged helps...typical vet stereotype from SE Asia....but worked to my advantage...try and be fair to all...but keep powder dry

Magicman

A knock on the RV door very late one night.  "Wait just a second while I get my pistol".

No more knocks.  All is quite....except the giggling inside of the RV.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LOGDOG

Nice. I guess they had a change of heart about how important it was.  :D

Magicman

Today was "Renewal Day" for my carry permit.  Three notarized forms, a current picture, and $57.00.  The new fingerprinting is awesome.  No more ink.  Just touch the pad, and your fingerprint shows up.

I'm now good for 5 more years.  Pat's renewal  is soon.

gary

I have my application for mine here just have to fill it out and send $25.00. Pennsylvania is an open carry state. No permit necessary if you don't conceal.

Tug Hill Walt

In N.Y. It's not only hard but expensive to get a permit.  Gona ruin $100-200. At least it is still lifetime. The only state that licences both the owner and firearm.
Now some anti group has posted names and some addresses of permit holders online. Other states too. I need a bumper stic ker that reads " We aren't armed against the government,  We are defending ourselves because the government won't "

Thank You Sponsors!