iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Educational Expierence

Started by BillyB, January 17, 2017, 07:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyB

I have just returned from New Market, AL where I spent the day with the "Yellowhammer" clan. They have a great setup on workflow to buck, mill, dry, store and sell lumber. I know for a fact that Robert and Martha positively influence lumber businesses from Georgia to Los Angles, CA; and I am pretty sure that influence stretches further east than GA. Thank you for allowing me to spend the day with you. You all have a very impressive operation and produce a beautiful product.

LT-15, Stihl MS880, MSC362, 72" Grandberg, Kubota M8546

boardmaker

Although I have never spoken with Yellowhammer, he has provided me an outstanding amount of knowledge.  He is always going out of his way to help folks on this board.

I'll have to admit that I'm a bit jealous.  I've always want to stop by and see his operation.

drobertson

Outstanding! There's no doubt he had helped many folks,
Great pic of you guys,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

YellowHammer is the short guy on the left. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

We had a great time, I'm glad Billy was able to make the drive.  Just so happens both kilns finished the day before, so he was able to see us unload and reload both, one a front loader, the other a track loader.  We also fired up the mill and worked on a big cherry, and Billy got to see some big flat high grade boards come off the mill.  We also talked money, business, and other stuff.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!