iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic flow for WM LT50 vs LT40 super

Started by bonecutter, March 02, 2019, 12:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonecutter

Long time listener first time caller...

Trying to figure out differences b/t LT50 and the 40 super.  I know the supers have the two pumps, bigger hoses, etc. and the 50 has the chain log turner.  What about the speed of the hydraulics on the 50 since there is no "50 super" that I am aware of.  Is the speed of of the hydraulic functions the same for these two?

Also been looking at used diesel LT50s.  Any major upgrades for this model in since its inception to be aware of when looking at model years? 

I will be using a mill initially to take advantage of all the ash on my place while I can, and for side income in a few years.

Thanks in advance for any info.  

terrifictimbersllc

I'd say by far the biggest upgrade would be the wide head option. My guess is that the hydraulic speed has got to be the same between the 50 and the 40 super.  I would guess log rotation speed on the 50 would be faster than on the 40 though, because of the difference in the turner mechanism.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

barbender

My understanding is that an LT50 is an LT40 Super with the LT70's Turner and backstops. I may be wrong😊
Too many irons in the fire

Bandmill Bandit

You got it right BarBender. 

The 40 Super and the 50 have the same features and components EXCEPT for the side supports and the chain turner. Other wise the parts are interchangeable and the specs the same.  A 40 Super and a 50 side by side with good operators will be hard pressed to best each other. The chain turner may make things quicker but having used both turners I don't think the chain turner improves my cant placement speed at all but then I don't use the claw once I have 2 square sides. Once you have the technic honed, using the clamp the chain really is not a significant advantage. I can flip both ways with the clamp too.        
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

bonecutter

Thank you again for the replies.  Makes more sense now.   ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!