iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whats the price of cord wood in your area

Started by bull, October 05, 2005, 07:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdK

Well bull certainly pointed out the one-sided nature of my last post: a real wood burning Benedict Arnold I must appear to be! Perhaps I did miss the forest for the trees  :D

I'm certainly an advocate of wood-burning even though the post does not reveal that. In fact I built a modern home in 2003 with NO provision for anything but wood - zip. No heating oil, no propane, no natural gas, no electric (space heating). I also cut my own firewood. Haven't figured out how to run the Stihl off of wood yet :D

Dana

Ad in the local paper said $55.00 I thought that was a lot untill reading all the posts!
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

Dana, I take it that's a face cord ??? Which could be any length unless they specify. If they don't specify then you have no clue how much you have until you measure it.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

16" face cords are the rule here.  NOBODY sells firewood by standard cords.  The closest you'll get to a standard cord is three "cord" minimun on a delivery.  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dana

SwampDonkey, yes it is a face cord and Corley5 has the dimensions right. Does that equal out to what you are paying for a full cord?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

4str

Quote from: DonE911 on October 05, 2005, 08:30:47 AM
What prices are being paid to have the logs dropped at the house and you cut and split it yourself??

$350/truckload (16 face cords) green, central NY

SwampDonkey

Dana, it's a little low, pretty good deal for the buyer though. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frank_Pender

Well, I deliverd the two cords to Portland yesterday.  I chickened out on the price.  I lowered the price to $185 a cord, rather than the $195. :'(
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

Frank, how many cords on the truck? I suppose your price was agreed upon before delivery eh?

Frank_Pender

I only had two in the truck.  Yes,they knew what I was going to charge, before I delivered to each of the separate sites.

I do have the capacity to haul three, if need be.  the most I have hauled is 2 1/2 of Oak. 8)
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

That's certainly a respectable size load. My stove wood provider only has a 1.5 cord capacity. When I asked him why he didn't have a large truck he said he has a reliable truck with 4 wheel drive and he didn't want to go bankrupt with truck payments.  :'(

How far you hauling? These guys go 30 miles max.

Frank_Pender

My tip took in around 170 miles yesterday.   I got caught up in as 26+ mile run in the Portland area.  What a mess.   The truck I use, is a 1999 F450 4 x 4 with a duce and a half military box on the back.   The first cord had to be offloaded by hand and the second I could dump.  I have a 20,000 lb. capacity using a Chealsey electonic pto system.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!