iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crossbows

Started by Ron Scott, December 09, 2012, 10:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

I can look it up. I haven't seen it yet in person. I actually wanted the other items in the package deal, so took the bow also. I've been wanting one anyway, so all is good. Getting it from a guy that used to work for me along with a Remington 870 20G and a Barretta PX4 9mm.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

I bought a few chances on a 10-Point cross-bow outfit at the Boonville Woodsmens Days festival and the drawing is Oct 5th.

All I can do is "hope", I've never won a raffle! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

I think the Crossbow Mission MXB-360 will follow me home tomorrow...  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Sounds like a good choice. I went to a Carbon Express Covert SLS last year.
~Ron

pappy19

I had never shot a crossbow until I worked in Ohio a few years ago and the Excalibur boys were at local fair. I got to shoot one and was amazed at the accuracy I got even just standing and shooting 40 yards. I don't have one, but if I ever do buy one, for sure it will be an Excalibur.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

gimpy

Because of 4 shoulder surgeries, I had to give up my vertical bows. Since I never seem to shoot without a rest, a few years ago I bought a Stryker (405fps) with a 3 dot scope. 20/40/60yds, spot on the dots.

Then I moved to Oregon. Not allowed to use a crossbows for any game animals.

Went back to hurting my shoulders with my rifles. The last two years I haven't bought a hunting license.

But I still shoot the x-bow and have mastered longer distances than the scope is designed for.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

terry f

Oregon almost let the disabled use crossbows last year, but it got shot down, afraid of the slippery slope that Washington ran into. It will never be part of archery season, but may get lumped in with rifle season or get their own someday, but I doubt it.

gimpy

Personally, let me use it during rifle season. I can't use a bow any longer because of my shoulders. Plus, I would really prefer to hunt my property without scaring all the rest of wildlife away. I am trying to make my property wildlife friendly. Not for hunting purposes but just because I enjoy watching them do their thing. Let me cull the ones that need culling without disturbing the rest.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Jeff

In Michigan, you can use your crossbow during firearm season, you just have to obey firearm season rules including bag limits and the blaze orange rules
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red oaks lumber

wisconsin anyone can archery hunt using a crossbow,it use to be if you had a disablity  or unable to draw a regular bow. seems to kinda take alot of the challange out of bowhunting. :) my opinion
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

beenthere

Quoteseems to kinda take alot of the challange out of bowhunting

rol
How so?

Now that I have made the switch, I think there are equal but different challenges. Not convinced I made the right decision to switch.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terry f

What are the challenges you face with a crossbow Beenthere? I think the using seniors and disabled to open the door for crossbow use speaks for its self.

Thank You Sponsors!