iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My latest addition of iron

Started by getoverit, November 06, 2007, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

John,

You need to buy one so I can borrow it along with your mill! ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Quote from: getoverit on November 07, 2007, 12:30:04 PM
Thanks for the info... next question: Where do I find the serial number?

I'd expect the s/n along side the engine block..and the manual at the Deere site might help locate it as well. Good luck.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

getoverit

ok, here is what I found:
There is a number on the engine block that is T26935

and another number on the main frame near the speed shifter that is 6T21358T

Those are the only 2 numbers I can find on the machine other than the 350 on the side of it.  Is either one of these enough information to go on?

Thanks for the help!
Ken
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Corley5

The # on the frame would be the machines ser# and will tell the year and other pertinent info.  The # on the engine is the engine's ser#.  That same engine was used in many other applications and the # will tell the year of the engine and how it's equipped as to compresion ratios, bore etc  If it's the orginal engine it'll be the same year as the machine unless it's close to model year change.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

JD350Cmark

QuoteMy hydraullic controls has 2 control rods. One is for the up and down of the blade, and I have no idea what the other one is/was for as it does nothing.

My other 350C has a second lever which controls the rippers.  You lever could be for rippers too or it could be a winch control lever.  Do you have a PTO off the back and/or a small lever near where your right leg is while sitting in it or between the the right side of the seat and the armrest?  Something else to look for is to see if you have any hyd. lines in the rear anywhere.  That would lead me to believe that the extra lever might be for an aux hyd if there are lines floating around back there.  You can also open up the right side compartment and see what that lever is doing.  If there is a hyd valve, then follow the lines and see where they go.  -Mark
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

getoverit

There is a small lever near the floor plate, but I think it is more on the left foot side. I have no clue what it is for. I cant seem to get the cover for the hydraullic controls to open up, but one way or the other i'll manage to get it open for a look.

I have been told that if it has 2 controls , it must be a 350B. This one has the 2 controls, but it has a non-hydraullic steering. Because of that, I am thinking it is a 350B.

It is just for ordering parts such as filters that I really would need to know what year the machine is. There seems to have been a plate or sticker on one of the side panels, but that is long gone. I dont know where else to look for a serial number. Any help would be appreciated.

I plan on cabling a concrete telephone pole to the back of it to drag and level the sandy ground I am working with after I get it rough leveled. We did this with a long cross tie and a tractor when we originally cleared the land back in the 60's and I see no reason not to try it this time as well.

scsmith42

GOI - it looks just like the 450 B that I used to operate.  Same two levers and all.  From the photo, I'd guess that it was manufactured in the early 70's- give or take a few years.

The lever near the floor plate may be the parking brake release.  If I remember correctly, you mash down on the brakes and pull up on the lever to engage.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

JD350Cmark

GOI,  I show it being a 1966 and yes, that would make it a 350B.  Can you post a photo of the lever on the right pedal?  The brake lock is on the right side..
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

getoverit

Ok, I got a pic of the little lever that is down by the left clutch lever (steering). I have no clue what this does. There is no kind of lever at all around the right side floorboard of the cab.

Also, I finally got the covers off of the 2 side panels. On the battery side, there was this label, and I assume the number at the bottom of the label is the model number, which is T52130. DOes that do any better at finding out what year or model this is?

beenthere

Does that small lever turn or does it raise up?  If it turns, it may engage the PTO.  If it raises up, it may lock the clutch lever back which would also engage and hold the brake on. Just a couple thoughts.

The T number I would believe is just the part number for that tag.

The s/n would be on a metal tag and imprinted or stamped on that tag. It will also have the model number and I would expect it to be on the tranny housing/engine housing, especially if the engine block, clutch housing, and tranny are one of the same castings (but bolted together).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

IL Bull

None of them numbers come up in my serial number book. :P
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!