iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What size tubing to use ?

Started by SCSawyer, December 12, 2011, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Hey guys need some input, Ive decided to put my little oscar on wheels, I need it to be as light as possible, so I have a little set of camper wheels and axles, and I need to know what size steel to build the frame out of, I was thinking 2x4 tube steel, do you think that will be sturdy enough at 18ft, should the axel be in the center or to the rear, I know it will pull better to the rear , I want it to be light so I can pull it to the woods behind an atv. Thanks in advance.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

beenthere

SC
Are you going to saw on that trailer too, or just move it around on the trailer?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SCSawyer

Saw on it less the wheels, I was thinking of puting 6 of fold up screw jacks 1 on each corner and in the middle to level up with.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

beenthere

Then account for where the load points will be over the jack supports, and figure the weight of the saw plus the max log you might put on it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bill Gaiche

If you use 2"x4"x3/16" min. it will work. Place axle about 2/3's way from the front. You can spot the saw head anywhere you want to balance the weight the way you want and secure it there for moving. bg

Thank You Sponsors!